“My Amazing Stay at the Muse NYC.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #49 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New Britain, Connecticut
“My Amazing Stay at the Muse NYC.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at the Muse Hotel from Thursday March 20th-Monday March 24th .
It was remarkable and I met several employees who I feel went above and beyond therefore I felt compelled to write this review.

Thursday morning:
I responded to an email I received confirming my Sunday reservation.
(The company was paying for Thursday, Friday and Saturday but I was paying for Sundays stay.)
In my email, I asked if I could keep the same room on Sunday night and not move my things when my reservation ended.
Very soon after, I received an email back from Brabara the Concierge saying it was all arranged.
I appreciated the prompt response because I knew ahead of time, I would not have to move my things on Sunday.
Already a great first impression formed.

Thursday Afternoon:
I arrived via taxi and immediately the very friendly Doormen David and Wacu were there to greet me and take my very heavy suitcase from the trunk.
They escorted me to the Front Desk and while walking from the street to the sidewalk told the Front Desk my name via headset.
I was able to check in right away as well, it was about 2:30 which was great.
I received some drink cards and a raid the bar ticket and David even bought my luggage up which I was very appreciaitive of.
He explained the area and features of the Hotel as well.
I also met the smiling Barbara the Concierge at check in time as well and thanked her for immediately responding to my email.
After a long train ride and very hairy, stressful cab ride I appreciated being made to feel like I was in a very warm and inviting environment and could immediately relax upon arrival.
Now I truly had proof that my first impression was correct.

On Thursday Pm:
I went to have dinner at the bar before the Kinky Boots show and Acalyn the bartender was nice enough to order me the Vegan Wrap and french fries without the cheese even though they were not on the regular bar menu. I had the food within 15 minutes.
I asked him to thank the kitchen for me. The service was excellent as was the food and drinks.
I appreciated the Vegan food and its timely arrival because I didn’t have to look for a nearby vegan restaurant before the show and rush to arrive on time.

On Thursday Pm:
A little later, I met Michael, another friendly doorman on my way out to the theater Thursday night,
He gave me perfect directions which was fantastic because I immediately was able to walk in the direction of the theater.
The next night he hailed me a taxi for the Billy Joel concert.
He worked a lot during my stay and numerous times hailed taxi’s and asked me how the shows I went to see were. He was extremely helpful, friendly and personable.

On Friday afternoon:
On Friday afternoon when I returned to my room around 4 pm, I was greeted by a lovely and appreciative note from Ruby The Housekeeper.
I had left her a tip and in all of my years of doing so at various other Hotels , this is the First time I received a thank you response back, needless to say I was blown away.
I Appreciated the fact that she always made my room perfect and took the time to write a Thank you note. This continued for the duration of my stay.

Saturday Night:
The last employee I have to compliment is Sarah, the Ast. Food and Beverage Manager.
She was always smiling and on Saturday I mentioned that I was headed to Brooklyn for the day on Sunday. I told her of the area was headed and why.
She wrote her cell phone number down on her business card and said to call or text her if I needed any information on Sunday regarding trains etc. because she lived in Brooklyn.
I truly appreciated that because I hasn’t been to Brooklyn in 20 years and a lot has changed since then.
Needless to say, I was blown away again and that gesture is completely above and beyond any expectation that I had of hospitality.

I have stayed in numerous Hotels over the years for work as well as vacations but this is the first time I have felt compelled to write.

All of these various employees with their thoughtfulness have made my guest experience at your Hotel truly memorable and I wanted to make sure that it was noted.

As a result, I cannot even imagine staying a different Hotel when I return to NYC and I would recommend the Muse to any friends/family travelling to NYC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Eva M,

WOW!!!!!! Now this is a review that makes us all smile!

We love knowing what an impact our team has on our guests and we are thrilled knowing how our entire Muse team provided such an amazing experience.

We are so happy to know that you are now a new member of our family and look forward to welcoming you back many more times.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Polish first
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I could go on forever and not capture how perfect our stay was at the Muse. From the wonderful, personalized greeting for our ten year old daughter, to the friendly and helpful service in the restaurant, to the help when our daughter did not feel well and we needed to extend our trip by one day, everything was perfect. The executive suite was perfect for the three of us - it gave mom and dad a place to themselves while allowing our daughter to be comfortable. The exercise room was perfect for 40 minute free weight sessions. The bar has a great selection for all tastes. Sign up for In Touch, so you can have free wifi. Hope Anna is there to take care of you because she went above and beyond for us. Even housekeeping went out of their way to take care of us noting we were there a full week and our daughter did not feel well so working around and taking car of her needs. This hotel is in the middle of it all, but it is a relaxing, hip oasis you can retreat to at the end of the day.

Room Tip: As in most of NYC, the higher the room the better.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear DanM52,

Reviews like this make us smile! We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that the executive suite was the perfect room for your family.

We love hearing how our team personalizes our guests stay and thank you for the shout outs!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Muse.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, right next to Times Square and quite a few attractions within walking distance. The rooms are exactly as shown in the photos and very comfortable after a day of walking miles! I'd not heard of Kimpton hotels but I would stay in one again. Check in and out was efficient and the concierge sorted our taxi to the airport which was helpful. Only two things which could be improved: we stood at the bar for around 15mins one tea time and the bar man completely ignored us, except for giving me a drinks menu (because he saw my partner walk towards a table to get one) to look at and then spending a long time serving and chatting to all the other customers and seemed to have no intention of serving me. Perhaps because we were dressed down after a day of site seeing, but not what we expected as a guest in the hotel so we gave up waiting and went to our room which is a shame because we may have had a drink there most nights if treated better. Also, the 'traditional' breakfast was not what we expected ... Tiny sausages, two eggs, a muffin, half a tomato and a few potatoes which was not worth the price at all! They'd run out of bacon but you couldn't have bacon and sausage anyway which is really not what I expect of a traditional breakfast! Also, an observation to add is that the lifts are a bit temperamental. I've added a few constructive comments because this hotel could be perfect... I would still recommend the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ldanicholson,

Thanks for the thorough review!

We are so happy that you have now found both us The Muse Hotel and also Kimpton Hotels and enjoyed your stay.

We do apologize about the dissatisfaction you experienced with Nios. We do sincerely appreciate your feedback and have made sure to share your comments with our team.

We hope to welcome you back again
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Sorry for the tardiness in posting my review. I stayed at The Muse Hotel for a girls holiday weekend in December 2013.
I had booked a different hotel, which was more expensive and was horrified when I arrived. I called The Muse to see what their availability was and, first off, the customer service I received was off the charts! My friend arrived at the airport in two hours and they made every effort to communicate what rooms they had and what amenities I could arrange.
Once I arrived at their PERFECT location, I was welcomed into their lovely lobby with a wine reception and fantastic staff.
The decor is elegant and the rooms are fantastic! Plenty of room for all of our overpacking and so cozy (on a very snowy weekend). The complimentary coffee in the morning was delicious (not burned or cheap). The wine/beer reception was a service that we enjoyed and it was nice not to worry about nickels and dimes in that area.
VERY classy, exquisite. GO!

Room Tip: If you'd like to sleep a bit without the harmony of Times Square - we got a room facing the back...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AnneMarie A
Dear AnneMarie A,

We love coming to the rescue and saving the day!

We are thrilled that we could not only save your girls holiday but also make it a memorable one as well.

We hope to welcome you back again.
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I get annoyed when people don't stay objective on TripAdvisor so I will. The Muse is a nice hotel, great location and well appointed. It's part of the Kimpton group and I always like their places. Check-in was swift and friendly, but most of the time the reception staff seemed uninterested in offering a service and I think they must charge for smiles out there, because they don't give you one. However, the bar/restaurant was friendlier and offered a nice, chilled-out place for food and drinks although was very dark in the evenings and sometimes lacked atmosphere. Wine Hour (Kimpton tradition) is a nice way to meet people and enjoy some complimentary vin. You are about a 2 min walk to Times Square and 5-7 mins from 5th Avenue. Central Park isn't that far to walk either but I suggest you also try walking left out of the hotel, over 7th Ave and you will find some nicer places to eat and drink away from the more tourist hubs. In particular, try Hell's Kitchen for some great places where you'll find a nicer atmospehere, better service and a more local feel. I would stay back at The Muse but going to stay somewhere further away from Times Square next time, it's too busy and too rude for me.

Room Tip: The room was great and we got upgraded as I am an InTouch member (always worth being a member of the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob Y
Dear Rob Y,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We are happy you enjoyed Nios as well as our nightly wine reception.

We are sorry to hear we didn't provide you with the service you expected. We would love to have the opportunity to roll out the red carpet for you and do hope you decide to give us another try. Please reach out to one of our managers so we can personally welcome you back.
Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I booked the Spa Suite at the Muse Hotel to cap off a celebration of me and my girlfriend's anniversary and as a location to ask her to marry me and the staff delivered in a big way. Not only was the room absolutely awesome (big comfortable bed, huge bathroom with a luxurious hot tub and big glass-doored shower, leopard-print bathrobes), but they met each of my requests perfectly and it was actually reasonably-priced considering it's in the heart of midtown, just off Times Square. I requested the Spa Suite with the balcony (there's only one of these in the entire hotel) and I wanted champagne waiting for us when we checked in and they not only gave me both, but they also spread rose petals around the room, which was a nice touch. It was the perfect location to make a memory that me and my new fiancee will remember forever. Thank you Klimpton Hotels, we will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: The Spa Suite with a Balcony is a great value, but tough to get as there is only one of them in the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Christian_Hernandez,

Reviews like this make us smile! We are thrilled to know that we were able to assist you in making some very special memories.

Congratulations on your recent engagement! We will look forward to welcoming you back again!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

From check-in to check-out, our experience at the Muse was fantastic! This was our first stay at the Muse. Rooms were clean and pretty. Beds super comfortable. Staff friendly and went out of their way to help us. We celebrated our anniversary and the hotel sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne. Class act! Love this hotel and definitely will go back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear lucylew12,

We love reading reviews like this! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and love knowing we are now your favorite hotel!

Happy Anniversary again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.