“Exactly what we wanted!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #51 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Exactly what we wanted!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, right next to Times Square and quite a few attractions within walking distance. The rooms are exactly as shown in the photos and very comfortable after a day of walking miles! I'd not heard of Kimpton hotels but I would stay in one again. Check in and out was efficient and the concierge sorted our taxi to the airport which was helpful. Only two things which could be improved: we stood at the bar for around 15mins one tea time and the bar man completely ignored us, except for giving me a drinks menu (because he saw my partner walk towards a table to get one) to look at and then spending a long time serving and chatting to all the other customers and seemed to have no intention of serving me. Perhaps because we were dressed down after a day of site seeing, but not what we expected as a guest in the hotel so we gave up waiting and went to our room which is a shame because we may have had a drink there most nights if treated better. Also, the 'traditional' breakfast was not what we expected ... Tiny sausages, two eggs, a muffin, half a tomato and a few potatoes which was not worth the price at all! They'd run out of bacon but you couldn't have bacon and sausage anyway which is really not what I expect of a traditional breakfast! Also, an observation to add is that the lifts are a bit temperamental. I've added a few constructive comments because this hotel could be perfect... I would still recommend the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear ldanicholson,

Thanks for the thorough review!

We are so happy that you have now found both us The Muse Hotel and also Kimpton Hotels and enjoyed your stay.

We do apologize about the dissatisfaction you experienced with Nios. We do sincerely appreciate your feedback and have made sure to share your comments with our team.

We hope to welcome you back again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Sorry for the tardiness in posting my review. I stayed at The Muse Hotel for a girls holiday weekend in December 2013.
I had booked a different hotel, which was more expensive and was horrified when I arrived. I called The Muse to see what their availability was and, first off, the customer service I received was off the charts! My friend arrived at the airport in two hours and they made every effort to communicate what rooms they had and what amenities I could arrange.
Once I arrived at their PERFECT location, I was welcomed into their lovely lobby with a wine reception and fantastic staff.
The decor is elegant and the rooms are fantastic! Plenty of room for all of our overpacking and so cozy (on a very snowy weekend). The complimentary coffee in the morning was delicious (not burned or cheap). The wine/beer reception was a service that we enjoyed and it was nice not to worry about nickels and dimes in that area.
VERY classy, exquisite. GO!

Room Tip: If you'd like to sleep a bit without the harmony of Times Square - we got a room facing the back...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AnneMarie A
Dear AnneMarie A,

We love coming to the rescue and saving the day!

We are thrilled that we could not only save your girls holiday but also make it a memorable one as well.

We hope to welcome you back again.
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I get annoyed when people don't stay objective on TripAdvisor so I will. The Muse is a nice hotel, great location and well appointed. It's part of the Kimpton group and I always like their places. Check-in was swift and friendly, but most of the time the reception staff seemed uninterested in offering a service and I think they must charge for smiles out there, because they don't give you one. However, the bar/restaurant was friendlier and offered a nice, chilled-out place for food and drinks although was very dark in the evenings and sometimes lacked atmosphere. Wine Hour (Kimpton tradition) is a nice way to meet people and enjoy some complimentary vin. You are about a 2 min walk to Times Square and 5-7 mins from 5th Avenue. Central Park isn't that far to walk either but I suggest you also try walking left out of the hotel, over 7th Ave and you will find some nicer places to eat and drink away from the more tourist hubs. In particular, try Hell's Kitchen for some great places where you'll find a nicer atmospehere, better service and a more local feel. I would stay back at The Muse but going to stay somewhere further away from Times Square next time, it's too busy and too rude for me.

Room Tip: The room was great and we got upgraded as I am an InTouch member (always worth being a member of the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rob Y
Dear Rob Y,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We are happy you enjoyed Nios as well as our nightly wine reception.

We are sorry to hear we didn't provide you with the service you expected. We would love to have the opportunity to roll out the red carpet for you and do hope you decide to give us another try. Please reach out to one of our managers so we can personally welcome you back.
Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I booked the Spa Suite at the Muse Hotel to cap off a celebration of me and my girlfriend's anniversary and as a location to ask her to marry me and the staff delivered in a big way. Not only was the room absolutely awesome (big comfortable bed, huge bathroom with a luxurious hot tub and big glass-doored shower, leopard-print bathrobes), but they met each of my requests perfectly and it was actually reasonably-priced considering it's in the heart of midtown, just off Times Square. I requested the Spa Suite with the balcony (there's only one of these in the entire hotel) and I wanted champagne waiting for us when we checked in and they not only gave me both, but they also spread rose petals around the room, which was a nice touch. It was the perfect location to make a memory that me and my new fiancee will remember forever. Thank you Klimpton Hotels, we will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: The Spa Suite with a Balcony is a great value, but tough to get as there is only one of them in the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Christian_Hernandez,

Reviews like this make us smile! We are thrilled to know that we were able to assist you in making some very special memories.

Congratulations on your recent engagement! We will look forward to welcoming you back again!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

From check-in to check-out, our experience at the Muse was fantastic! This was our first stay at the Muse. Rooms were clean and pretty. Beds super comfortable. Staff friendly and went out of their way to help us. We celebrated our anniversary and the hotel sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne. Class act! Love this hotel and definitely will go back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear lucylew12,

We love reading reviews like this! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and love knowing we are now your favorite hotel!

Happy Anniversary again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just got back today from a wonderful weekend in NYC with my 8 year old daughter (first trip to the city) and my mother-in-law. We had a wonderful time staying at the Muse! I had originally booked the Midtown Hilton but a few days before we left found a comparable rate and switched to the Muse and I'm so glad I did. From previous stays at other Kimpton properties I knew it would be a good choice, and it was a great one! We were upgraded to a higher floor and had a very large room (1602). More than enough space for the 3 of us! I had mentioned in my reservation that it was a special trip for my daughter, and when we returned to the room for the night they had left a wonderful treat for her with a chocolate taxi/chocolate dipped pretzels, and a plate of mini cupcakes with some bottled water. Plus a personal note telling us to enjoy our visit! Very nice touches. We did not spend a ton of time at the hotel because we were so busy in the city but it is the perfect location, very nice styling and super comfortable beds.
My only complaint- and its not really a complaint, more like a note of caution- is that next time, I would request a room further from the elevators. The first night the noise from the elevators kept me up a lot. No street noise, just the noise from the elevator moving up and down in the elevator shaft. It did not bother my daughter or mother-in-law and we were so busy we just decided not to bother asking to switch rooms- if we had mentioned it, I'm absolutely sure the hotel would have moved us without question. The second night we turned on the fan part of the a/c and it drowned out the elevator and I slept much better. If i had been staying more than 2 nights I would have asked to move.
Don't hesitate to stay here. So much better than the big-name generic hotels!

Room Tip: Request away from the elevators!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank nfowife
Dear lucylew12,

Happy Anniversary! We love knowing we are your new favorite hotel in New York City!

Thank you for complementing our entire team!

We look forward to welcoming you back next time.
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed at the Muse recently on a business trip. It was conveniently located in midtown, near Times Square and a multitude of theaters. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Valet and bellman provided outstanding customer service. Room was large and well appointed. Great size for 4 women traveling with all kinds of bags. Room service was excellent. The wine service in the evening was a nice touch. So was the coffee bar in the morning. Definitely will be returning to the Muse.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear kwebster,

Thank you for the nice review. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us from the room to the location as well as the extra amenities we offer.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.