“Fabulous hotel!”

Ranked #57 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous hotel!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This review is looong overdue. I have been to this property many, many times and everyone is absolutely wonderful! I travel quite a bit for work so have been to over 24 Kimpton properties alone, not to mention numerous Marriotts, Hyatts, Hiltons, etc... This MUSE hotel is head and shoulders above the rest. The location is only steps from Times Square and the rooms are lovely and fairly large for NYC. But the staff at this property are truly amazing and really make the experience for me. Barbara, Ivana and Cheryl (evening shift) at the front desk are always incredibly helpful and friendly. Wilmore and Haku (sp?) are exceptional bellmen and Maria (who sometimes runs the wine hour) is a joy as well. The MUSE is all around wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear TravelProf72,

Thank you so much for your review! We are THRILLED to know how much you love staying with us and we appreciate your loyalty.

Thank you for the fabulous shout-outs about our team.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I grew up in NY back in the day when you stayed away from Times Square. Now when I am there I find myself taking photos of how wonderful it is. In full disclosure I am addicted to the Kimpton family of properties. This one did not disappoint. From the friendly bellmen to the front desk staff to the manager - this property rocks. The restaurant is worth the trip on its own. The chef even took time to chat with me when he was on his way home from a long shift. He was easy to recognize as his photo is in the elevator. He was a delight. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Sullivan45,

Now this is a review we love to read! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning all of our team as providing exemplary service!

We appreciate your Kimpton loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the Big Apple!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I found The Muse through a work program and was surprised at the low rate compared to other hotels in NYC. My colleagues were a little nervous for me until they heard it was a Kimpton hotel! Staff was friendly & accomodating- prior to my arrival and once I arrived. My room was larger than most hotel rooms that I have stayed in. Room was clean & very comfortable. Perfect location to walk to my office during the day and the theatre district at night. Would not look to stay anywhere but The Muse on future trips to NY.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Carey L,

Thank you so much for your review!
So glad you gave us a try and were thoroughly happy with your stay and location!
We look forward to continuously welcoming you back... we hope to welcome your colleagues here too!
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed March 20, 2014

It's edgy, it's unique, and it's hip. It's everything you want in a Manhattan boutique hotel. The front desk attendants were a bit cold and mechanical, but that's been my experience with Kimpton establishments; unless you look roll in with a $5K duffle, you're of no consequence. However the housekeepers are incredibly nice!

Clean, fresh, inviting, and the rooms are comfy. The food and bar service at NIOS was excellent, too. I recommend the bread pudding for dessert.

Would I stay here again? Sure, but only if my employer is paying. Would I recommend it to others? Yes, if you're of the trendy mindset.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear JMichaelz02,

Thank you so much for the compliments... I am sorry to read you found our front desk to be mechanical... we sure don't want you or any guest to feel that way!

We hope the next time you visit, we can give you a warm Muse welcome back! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Londerzeel, Belgium
Reviewed March 20, 2014

this hotel has a perfect location, close to Time Square. Given several substations in the neighbourhood, it is highly convenient to get to different area's throughout NYC.
Staff is friendly and assisting when possible. Rooms are clean and have bigger size then average NYC.
Lower floor rooms can somewhat suffer from ventilation fans.

Room Tip: Outsife fans can be quite noisy fr lower floors
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alain V,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you found us to be in a perfect location for your trip to New York City.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Orange, Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at The Muse Hotel. The staff was very friendly, polite, and helpful. Our rooms were clean and a nice size. We enjoyed the comfortable bed and pillows each evening after a long day of touring the city. The location is perfect for theater nights and Time Square mornings. We will stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cherylp24
Dear Cherylp24,

Thank you for the fabulous review. We are thrilled that you loved our location as well as our amazing beds. We think it’s like sleeping on clouds.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Windsor, California
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We just returned last night from New York. Stayed 3 nights at The Muse. It is a gorgeous hotel. Nicely decorated. Our room was larger than I expected after reading all the reviews about tiny hotel rooms in New York. Plenty of room for myself and my husband. The bed was so comfortable. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. We asked for recommendations for dinner and they gave us fabulous choices.

However, I have a few negative comment about the hotel.

The elevators are extremely slow.

They have a nice wine reception from 5:00-6:00 p.m. The wines are very good. However, the lobby is so cold. Every time the doors open up you get hit with freezing cold air. You need to make sure you wear your coat in the lobby. A fireplace would have been nice. I asked if we could move into the bar area (which is away from the front door) and warmer and was told no. Not sure when I return (and it is during their cold weather season) I would stay at this hotel again. It's just too cold in the lobby. There is no place for you to sit and talk with friends unless you want to go to the bar.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tweet47
Dear Tweet47,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

We are so happy to hear that our team provided excellent dinning recommendations (there are so many to choose from in New York)

We do apologize about the temperature of the lobby during wine hour. We do understand how cold it has been and thank you for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again (hopefully when it does get warmer)