“Excellent location, quiet and large room”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #66 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We booked our room at the Muse Hotel for an extended weekend over Thanksgiving without having much information about the property. We have been very positively surprised by the concept of the hotel as well as the size and quietness of the room. We could not have imagined a better location for our stay.

We asked for a quiet room and were given a very quiet and large room on the 14th floor.

Excellent quality of bedding.

As we were celebrating my mother's birthday, a bottle of sparkling wine and a handwritten card were waiting for us in the room... Very nice touch...

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1412 (twin) and really enjoyed it (large and very quiet)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Traveller_in_style1,

Thank you for your nice review.

We are so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us over Thanksgiving.
Happy Birthday again to your mother!

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have just got back from a stay at The Muse hotel in New York and what can I say.... it was amazing!

We arrived quite late on Thursday 28th November/Friday 29th November and was greeted by a very friendly and helpful man on the front desk. We were checked in effortlessly and within minutes was up in out beautiful room. As there were 3 of us we were staying in a double room. The room was spotlessly clean and because we have joined the Kimpton loyalty programme on their website we got free wifi and also $15 free from the bar downstair or the mini bar. Every day the room was cleaned to a high standard, every day we were greeted by very friendly staff on reception and also we were given advice and helped with getting cabs etc. I cant say anything better about the staff.

The location was also amazing, normally when I go to New York I stay in Midtown however decided to have a change and to be honest Im glad I did. This hotel is less than a minutes walk from the tickets booth on times square. Great location.

Whilst we were there it was my mums birthday and they sent up a lovely chocolate frame and some milk for us, they were going to send up wine but they changed it as they knew I was pregnant and my mum doesnt drink. Was a really lovely touch and my mum was very happy.

This hotel has so much going on, every evening they have free wine for all guests and there is such a great atmosphere downstairs. They even had ladies gift wrapping presents for a small donation downstairs in the lobby!

If i was to go back to New York I would definitely try and stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Gemmagems777,

Thank you for the fabulous FIVE star review.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team provided exemplary service during your stay in all aspects.

Happy birthday again to your mother, and we hope to see you all again! (Maybe even with your new bubba on the way?)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is very nice. The room we had was of a good size, in a "L" shape with the bathroom being perfectly distanced from the sleeping area. Very clean. The bed is extremely comfortable, so comfortable that I did not want the get up. We stayed 5 days. They have a great service and nice bar. I did not have a chance to try the restaurant. My only complaint are the bathrobes, as they are hideous and does not go well with the decor. Leopard, tiger or zebra skin resemblances, really? Very tacky; it needs to be changed to a solid color and I think that white would be perfect. They offered complimentary wine everyday at 5PM at the lobby. The location is perfect if you don't mind the crowd (as we where there during Thanksgiving weekend the city was extremely packed - but I loved it anyway). It can be noisy, sometime, but we kept the fan or heater on, which helped to block the sound.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear NiltonTeixeira,

Thank you for the nice review.

We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us and even more had a great night’s sleep…we also feel as though our beds are like sleeping on clouds!

We are also very happy to know that the location was perfect for your stay and hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is my compaby´s preferred to I have to stay here whether I like it or not, but I must say it is not MY preferred choice. Rooms are nicely decorated ' sort of Versace over the top look´but customer service is deplorable, is extremely noisy and because is close to Times Square you always get the party crowds that make noise until late at night.
Restaurant NIOS has ok food but the service is even worst - my waiter was not friendly at all, I would say his answers were quite rude- when I complained, they just apologized but did not change the waiter or try to improve service at all.
A forgetable experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear cosmogirlAtlanta,

Thank you for your review.
We are happy to know you liked our room décor however very sorry to hear about the noise you experienced. We would be happy to ensure a quieter room on your next visit.

We do also apologize about the service you experienced during your stay. Please know this type of service is certainly a rarity and we have shared your comments with the team.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future so we can roll out the red carpet to ensure a 4-diamond experience that I know we can provide. Please feel free to reach out to one of the front desk managers so we can personally welcome you back.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Beautiful, pleasant staff. Great place and location. Even the maids say hello when you meet them in the hallway. Staff are always pleasant. Front desk, nothing is ever a problem. They will accommodate efficiently and effectively. Barbara and Lauren are the best. Hope the homeless got their good meal and desert girls! You guys were great. Thank you for working with me in making it a birthday to remember. Whoever gives this hotel a 3-star rating, and I've seen a few, needs their head tested for madness!! The staff are great and make you feel welcome and special. End of.

The decision to stay there was based on the very reviews you see here for the hotel, so that says a lot. The experience didn't disappoint, in any way, shape or form. The receptionists KNOW NYC; their recommendations were spot on. No regrets going to anything that was recommended: the Dutch, Le Cirque, Minetta Tavern, Red Flame Diner, Thalia...all great places

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Jason_Simon,

Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled to know the staff provided you with exemplary service and assisted with making your stay a great one. Thank you for the shout outs to some of our members of staff that gave you great recommendations on the “must dos” in New York.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was our first time staying at The Muse and we were happy with our stay. Clean, comfortable rooms and the king bed was super comfortable! The bathroom was quite big (for NYC) and it was great to have the little amenitiesoffered .... lotion, shampoo, magnifying mirror, etc... I was a little nervous being so close to Times Square (tourist trap) but you didn't feel the effects. Work out facility was good and the hotel was close enough to Central Park for decent running. When I called the hotel ahead of time to give them our Kimpton number, I did mention that we were visiting for my husbands birthday/NYC Marathon. They said they would "do something special" for him. That never happened - even after a couple of reminders. Not a crisis, but my only disappointment.

Please don't increase your hotel rates based on the great TripAdvisor reviews :)

Room Tip: King beds are very comfy!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Brenda A,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so happy we were able to welcome you to the Big Apple. Although, so close to busy Times Square, we glad to see you had a quiet and relaxing visit.

We are so sorry we missed celebrating for your husbands birthday. We will make sure to make it up to him next time.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Muse many times and the experiences always exceed my expectations. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I have made special requests and have always gotten what I have asked for. The manager is so nice. The staff are so friendly and helpful, from the doormen to the front desk staff to housekeeping.
On one of my trips I left some personal items in the safe in my room. I was afraid I would never see them again. I called and talked with security. He FedExed them to me and I had it the next day, all intact. I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel.
The location is great too.

Room Tip: I request rooms on higher floors to avoid any street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Fdm189,

Thank you for your amazing review! We are ecstatic to see after you many times traveling to us, we have continued to exceed your expectations.

We are always eager to assist, even after you depart the Hotel. We are happy to see we were able to locate your items and send them back to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.