“Quite Nice - will return”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #62 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Lafayette, Colorado
“Quite Nice - will return”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was our first time staying at The Muse and we were happy with our stay. Clean, comfortable rooms and the king bed was super comfortable! The bathroom was quite big (for NYC) and it was great to have the little amenitiesoffered .... lotion, shampoo, magnifying mirror, etc... I was a little nervous being so close to Times Square (tourist trap) but you didn't feel the effects. Work out facility was good and the hotel was close enough to Central Park for decent running. When I called the hotel ahead of time to give them our Kimpton number, I did mention that we were visiting for my husbands birthday/NYC Marathon. They said they would "do something special" for him. That never happened - even after a couple of reminders. Not a crisis, but my only disappointment.

Please don't increase your hotel rates based on the great TripAdvisor reviews :)

Room Tip: King beds are very comfy!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Brenda A,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so happy we were able to welcome you to the Big Apple. Although, so close to busy Times Square, we glad to see you had a quiet and relaxing visit.

We are so sorry we missed celebrating for your husbands birthday. We will make sure to make it up to him next time.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Muse many times and the experiences always exceed my expectations. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I have made special requests and have always gotten what I have asked for. The manager is so nice. The staff are so friendly and helpful, from the doormen to the front desk staff to housekeeping.
On one of my trips I left some personal items in the safe in my room. I was afraid I would never see them again. I called and talked with security. He FedExed them to me and I had it the next day, all intact. I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel.
The location is great too.

Room Tip: I request rooms on higher floors to avoid any street noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Fdm189,

Thank you for your amazing review! We are ecstatic to see after you many times traveling to us, we have continued to exceed your expectations.

We are always eager to assist, even after you depart the Hotel. We are happy to see we were able to locate your items and send them back to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
orlando
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My stay at the Muse was awesome. First, Ariella, the concierge, reached out to me prior to my arrival to offer assistnace with any arrangements that I might need. Upon arrival, the Muse staff was spectacular. From greeting me like a VIP upon check-in (Barbara), to putting me in a beautiful room, to answering all of my travel questions about navigating New York (Valets), to excellent room service experiences (Kat and Ryan). Location, Location, Location….wow…this hotel is steps from Time Square. I can’t wait to come back! Be sure to book a suite....1801 has a breathtaking roof top view.

Room Tip: Room 1801 is spectacular!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear lcostin,

Thank you for your five star rating!

WOW! Award winning service?! That's what we like to see!

We are so pleased to see our customer service and care during your trip exceeded your expectations!

We hope to see you back soon!
slough
Reviewed November 26, 2013

From the moment we got out of our cab, we were really made to feel at home!
Great lobby, great staff, room size -small but good for NYC, bed - SO comfortable! We asked for an extra fridge to be delivered to keep fresh juice etc, and by the time we had returned from brunch it was there.
On the day we decided to go to Woodbury Commons Outlet Park, Barabra Los on the front desk, booked our tickets and explained what we needed to do to get there - she made everything so simple.
We loved the evening drinks and found it to be a nice way to chat to our fellow guests at the end of a busy day or at the start of a fun filled NYC evening.

Thank you to all at the Muse, for making us not want to leave!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front do pick up a little noise - but ear plugs keep the noise away!
Dear emmat13,

Thank you for your five star rating! We are so excited to see you we made you feel home away from home.

We loved having you join us for our wine reception. (It's the best hour of the day!!)

We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel remains my first choice in New York - the rooms are comfortable, front desk helpful and the doorman goes out of his way to assist. If you like boutique atmosphere, this hotel is one of best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Muntinlupa,

We love to read we are the FIRST CHOICE in NYC!

We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Clean rooms and great service - if you request it, they will deliver. I asked for a room in the back with a very early check-in and it was ready and waiting. Everything was just as it should be. Nothing was broken or dirty and staff was helpful when it came to arranging transportation. Location by Times Square give you quick access to most of the city.

Dear eyetard,

Thank you for your fantastic review!! We are so happy you found the service and rooms fantastic!

We hope to see you back with us soon!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Muse hotel many times over the past 6 - 8 years and, well folks, we have nothing to say but great things about the hotel and especially about the staff who are friendly, helpful and nice people.

Room Tip: Naturally, the higher the rooms, the quieter the room but it was not a problem.
Green Features: Hotel practices environmentally friendly habits, room garbage is sorted daily.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ed M,

WOW! Joining us for over six years?! We love to see that! Thank YOU for your loyalty and visiting us year after year. We are so happy to welcome you back each and every time.

We look forward to seeing you with us again soon.