“Fabulous Boutique Hotel in the theater district and Times Square”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #82 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband surprised me for my birthday with a stay at the Muse hotel. What a wonderful surprise. When you walk into the Lobby you feel a great energy...... upbeat and eclectic. The staff is friendly and professional ...totally service oriented.

My husband worked with the concierge, Lauren Vitale, to book dinner and theater tickets. She had a wonderful ability to understand what he wanted to make the evening special. She recommended a fabulous trendy restaurant within walking distance for dinner and she was able to get us great seats to one of the newest broadway shows. Her suggestions were on the money.

So many good things to mention about this hotel...great staff, trendy atmosphere, wine tasting in the lobby the day we arrived, great breakfast at the adjoining Nios restaurant., great location (we only had to walk two blocks to have a wonderful dinner and see a broadway show).
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the executive suite. It had a comfortable bedroom with an adjoining sitting area. Fla...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Phyllis I,

Thank you very much for your five star rating! We are thrilled to have been part of your surprise birthday visit! We thank you for your great feedback about our concierge- we promise to have more incredible suggestions when your husband and you return!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,316)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I travel heaps for work and wanted somewhere in NYC for a few days to do some retail therapy. The location is great, so close to 5th Ave and all the shops I needed.

Requested a complimentary upgrade and got a nice room with a balcony. Wine hour in the lobby is fun, though I reckon a few guests would take their full glass up to their room and return to repeat the process. Staff were friendly enough.

Yes it is noisy, I was on the 15 floor and the air on is noisy, but hey it's NYC and it didn't worry me too much. Had a late lunch at the bar one day, service in there was average, the guys were too concerned about how crap their day was rather than look after me, food was fine, not great.

Room Tip: Make sure you join the Kimpton Club for free wifi and then notify the hotel (after you've booked...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BenMcKillop

Dear BenMcKillop,

Thank you for your compliments! We are so happy you enjoyed the room upgrade, wine hour, and staff. We hope during all your work travels we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

stayed here for 5 nights during April with my partner. Very helpful staff and very friendly. Lovely room and large bathroom, joined the Kimpton loyalty club and was asked what my room preferences were before I arrived and was given exactly what I asked for. a quiet room above the 10th floor. This loyalty card also gave us free wifi.
Loved the complimentary bath robes and toiletries. Only 1 negative was that the gym was a bit small - but not everyone actually want to use the gym on their holidays anyway.

Room Tip: if you want a quiet night nights sleep, ask for a room 10th floor or above
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Lyndsey C,

Thank you for review. We are glad you a lovely stay with us.

We appreciate your loyalty as a Kimpton Intouch member and are thrilled to see your preferences were met to your satisfaction.

We apologize our gym was a bit small for you; our concierge team would be happy to suggest gyms in the vicinity for you to take advantage of during your next trip to NYC.

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

First trip to NY Booked because of excellent reviews elsewhere . Reception and book in very helpful and courteous. The room , and in particular the noise in the room was unbearable.Construction taking place over the road and dumpsters emptied every hour over night . Only solution offered was ear plugs. Moved out found better value, double glassed newer hotel in Meat packing area on Tripadvisor with the bonus of a proper shower ie no cloth shower screen. Should have looked at Tripadvisor in the first place

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear gwslcb,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize you experienced loud street noise during your visit. We truly want you and all of our valued guests to be as comfortable as possible; although, we have no control over the street noise, we do have alternative solutions. We are always eager to assist with moving you to another room you will be more comfortable in.

We hope you reconsider visiting us again and we will be happy to block you for a quiet room, facing the back of our building.

We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband was going to NYC on business on my birthday, and I decided to join him. As there were no dinner plans made, I wanted to go to Milo's Restaurant. Of course, it was impossible to get reservations. I spoke to Lauren V., in concierge, and explained to her that it was my birthday on that day, and would love to go there. She immediately said, no problem, I will call as soon as it opens, and will not take no for an answer. True to her word, when I received her voicemail, not only did she get us reservations, we also had an amazing table. In addition, the hotel was perfectly situated and the rooms were beautiful. I would definitely go back.

Dear Petroula A,

Thank you for your incredible review! We are so happy to see our concierge was able to reserve a great table for you for such a special occasion! Our staff is proud to have made these special day even more amazing!

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the staff was friendly, but for that price....the room was small, nowhere in the bathroom to put toiletries and our view was of an ugly building accross the street. No real complaints, but I look elsewhere for a better price next time. They also don't have coffee makers in the rooms. I mentioned it when we were checking out.......she said I could have asked for one. Maybe they could have mentioned that when we ordered only a pot of coffee from room service for $15.50 plus tip two mornings in a row.

Dear dsnolan4,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to see you found our staff to be friendly.

We do apologize you were unsatisfied with your room and amenities. There are a variety of complimentary amenities available to you during your stay- including a coffee maker. The list of amenities is located in the bathroom for you to choose from throughout your stay. We do value your support and hope you would consider visiting us again.

I welcome you to reach out to us directly at 212-485-2400 if you do plan to see us again, so we can ensure all amenities and expectations are met even before your arrival! We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Muse on the first leg of our honeymoon. The muse is a modern hotel and we found the staff very friendly and the daily free wine hour was a fantastic extra.

The Muse is just round the corner from Times Square which brings its advantages and disadvantages. This was our first trip to New York and wanted the ability to walk to the main attractions which meant this hotel was fantastic for us

The main negative was how noisy the air con in the room was. This is probably something to be looked at because it did wake us up in the night a couple of times but it didn't ruin the hotel or holiday

Room Tip: We had a room to the side and found that it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear EnglishHolidays,

Thank you for your review...we are so happy to have the opportunity to welcome your husband and you to NYC. We are glad to see your overall visit with us was great- location is very important and we are glad you found the area to be perfect for your trip.

We apologize about the noise your experienced from the air con- we will make sure to focus on this during our daily room inspections to ensure the noise level does disrupt our guests stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!