“Perfect Location Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #49 of 467 Hotels in New York City
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Location Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel located off off Times Square is a boutique hotel by Kimpton. It has a wonderful lobby, and excellent staff. There is a beautiful bar off of the lobby as well. The suite which we stayed in was wonderful. It had two very comfortable double beds, and a lovely balcony which was quite large for NYC. Unfortunately it was covered in snow so we could not enjoy it. I highly recommended asking for this suite when the weather is nice. Very Kid friendly.We had a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank L0la88
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear L0la88,

Thank you so much for your five star rating! The room you are describing, I believe, is our double double premier balcony! That is the ONLY room in the Hotel with two beds and balcony! Very Nice! We are glad you enjoyed the room!

We hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Polish first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Please note that this was our first visit to New York, so we have no prior experience of New York Hotels to measure this Hotel against.

We booked this via Virgin Holidays for four nights.
Due to a delayed flight from Las Vegas, we arrived at 01:30 am, two days before Super storm Sandy was due to hit New York.

The Front Desk staff were both well presented, efficient and courteous. The Hotel Lobby is tastefully decorated with adequate seating.

The Room was a Double, located on the tenth floor. The room Boutique in décor, but felt small. It had adequate drawer and closet space, with a Chaise Lounge as well.

The bed was comfortable with no problems with the bedding or the pillows. The room temperature was fine and we had no problem with smells from the food establishments nearby, as mentioned by a previous Tripadvisor reviewer.

The Bathroom was clean and tidy and everything worked as it should. The only negative point was the thick black line of silicone used around the bath, which looked very amateurish in it’s application and took away from the overall effect of the décor.

The Maid was very efficient and did a good job cleaning & tidying the room.

Breakfast, was included in the Room price, and was very enjoyable and the service could not be faulted. We had one evening meal at the Hotels restaurant and found the food to be of high quality, tasty and value for money.

The Door Men are very helpful, friendly and courteous, especially in supplying umbrellas to guests venturing out into the coming storm.

The Hotel is Pet Friendly, they use one specific floor for guests with dogs, so expect to see some dogs in the Hotel Lobby. We didn't experience any noise problems, but we were amused to witness a guest being declined entry to the Restaurant when they insisted that their dog eat with them in the Restaurant.

The Hotel's location on 46th Street, means it's a 1 minute walk to Times Square and a little further to the subway.
For the two days that the subway was on, they switched it off the day before the storm arrived, we found it to be an efficient way to get about, especially to South Ferry (Staten Island ferry) and we felt safe whilst using the subway.

Overall, the Hotel provided an adequate base for exploring Manhattan.

Room Tip: Try the Cuban restaurant over the road from the Hotel - good service, good food - very nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear D2001,

WOW! What an incredibly thorough and amazing review! We appreciate your support and thank you for all of the valuable information you have provided to prospective travelers.

We are so happy you enjoyed the overall decor of the Hotel and staff.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!
(PS. Havana Central Restaurant across the street is great; we definitely agree!)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been to Manhattan several times and have stayed at the "Big names". Yes they were nice, but lacked the intimacy and personal service you'll find at THE MUSE. The front desk staff are like having a niece or nephew working at the hotel and waiting on you. They helped me with my boarding pass and brought great cookies to the room. Hard to believe they do this for everyone,maybe it was my "good looks",but sadly that's not the case,just A1 top notch service.
Next time your heading to NYC for the Theater or a trade show or just for shopping do youself a favor and try THE MUSE.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear pauldia,

Thank you for your five - star rating! We love that our "top notch service" made you feel right at home!

We can't wait to see you again!
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Muse Hotel Times Square NYC just before Christmas 2012 and had our room broken into and many of our belongings stolen. Only after the NYPD showed me how un secure our hotel room door was did it make sense that we were targeted. I could pop the lock with a cardboard coaster from the mini bar. After fighting with the hotel and their insurance company for over a month they denied any responsibility and offered us no resolution. They would not even refund any of our room charges or even return my calls. I understand things happen but what's important is how you handle it, and they are terrible.

Stay away this this crooked hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
23 Thank Sean M
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Muse for a short weekend. What a great hotel. I have stayed at many Kimpton properties and they always deliver. Great, quiet location a block from Times Square. Staff was attentive. Wine hour was great. Will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Mark R,

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are glad you enjoyed the staff!

We look forward to seeing you soon!
farmingdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the Muse this weekend with my wife. The room was fantastic and the staff was incredibly helpful. Prior to my stay I had gone to the hotel to ask if I could have rose petals sent ahead and if someone would put them out in the room for me. The manager told me that he would take care of getting the roses for me and there would be no charge.
The day of our stay, I went to drop off my bags at 5 am the day of our stay, along with a couple of bottles of wine. I received a call at 530 am to tell me the room was ready well in advance and to make sure what time my wife and I planned on arriving so that the roses could be laid out without wilting. Upon our arrival the room was laid out just as I had hoped with a trail of petals leading from the door to the bed, with petals laid out in the shape of a heart. In addition, our wine was in the room chilled.
The fact that the hotel was centrally located in Times Square was secondary to the tremendous cooperation and courtesy of the staff. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The room we had had an outdoor deck area. We hope to go back in the summer to take advantage of thi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I have friends who swear by Kimpton. So I decided to stay here on that reputation alone. That said, if you appreciate luxury like I do, this is not it. It is fine for an average stay but I would not say it is "luxurious" by any stretch. While size matters, especially in NYC, I would prefer a smaller room if everything were perfectly appointed. This could use a facelift (fresh paint, cleaning the sides of doors, etc.) . In addition, the helpfulness of staff was mixed. Some were really helpful and others were not. Bag service was very slow. Restaurant does not serve lunch. So if you are looking for average hotel in NYC, this is fine as the location is GREAT particularly for the theater. Otherwise, I would choose a newer or recently renovated property that pays attention to the details.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Sixfootswirl
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear sixfootswirl,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize we did not meet your expectations during your stay.

We hope we can welcome you back in the future to provide a true four diamond experience.

We welcome you to reach out to the Hotel and we can assist with any room preferences you may have.

Thank you!