“Average Service & Be aware of late charges after you leave”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #66 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were billed after we left for Socks (?) & mini bar costs (these were covered by $15 Kimpton Voucher we got on arrival)

Good Points - Good size Room, Reception area very nice, free Internet, $15 Kimpton mini bar voucher , very central location.

Bad points - Room cold & noisy(outside noise) , staff not particularly friendly (check out staff were actually very unprofessional, even my teenage daughter commented on this)

I preferred the Sofitel (stayed there twice) so if choosing between them Sofitel gets my vote.

Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank D T
Samantha_Goldberg, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear D T,

Thank you for your constructive criticism. We appreciate your feedback! If you choose to return to the Muse, I welcome you to reach out to our property directly and we will place a note in your reservation to block you on a high floor and away from the street noise- to avoid any outside noise to the best of our ability.

Also, we will pay closer attention in regards to your experience with the front desk. I promise you this is a rarity and I hope we have the opportunity to make it up to you next time.

Best,

Samantha Goldberg
Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,280)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Let me start off by saying, I LOVE Kimpton. Their attention to detail, reasonable prices, fabulous style, and customer service are second to none. My friend and I had the pleasure of staying at the Muse during a recent girls trip to NYC. This is by-far my favorite property in the city. The location is great - near shopping, restaurants, Grand Central, and the subway. It's quiet, but still lively. Our room, a king deluxe, had HUGE windows, tons of space, and great decor. We even lived decadently and had a masseuse come to our room. The lobby is beautiful, the doormen cheery, and the staff friendly. We even check in five hours early with no problem. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank amhanstein
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Muse during our recent girls trip to NYC. I am a loyal Kimpton fan and was not let down. From the moment we checked in, we fell in love. Our room, a kind deluxe, had great furnishings, huge windows, and fabulous Kimpton style. We loved the bed and the gorgeous bathroom. Our room was on a corner and had a long hallway separating the bathroom from the bedroom so you didn't feel cramped at all. The "Raid the Mini Bar" promo was great as well. The lobby is inviting and location-wise, you can't beat it. Literally steps from Times Square and a very short walk to Radio City-Rockefeller Plaza. And yes, they have THE bathrobes waiting for you when you arrive :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank amhanstein

Dear Ms. Amhanstein!

Thank you for your wonderful posting! We are so happy you enjoyed your girls weekend with us. Hope you ladies can rock the animal print robes again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Samantha Goldberg
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been to NY several times with my mom for a mother daughter vacation. This was our first visit to The Muse and we could not have been more pleased. The room was huge by NY standards and had cute furniture. The bathroom was fine, nothing special. The best feature was a balcony. We are talking more like a patio with two large lounge chairs and a table with four chairs. In addition, they have a free wine happy hour and free coffee in the morning. Even though we were only half a block off of Time Square there was no street noise to keep us awake. The price was no more than other full service hotels in town either. I do not think I will stay anywhere else.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I came for a week of Broadway shows, sightseeing, fine dining and shopping and could not have chosen a better hotel. Located less than two blocks from Times Square and walking distance to Broadway. Room smallish by Texas standards, but very clean more than adequate for the little time we spent there. Bathroom larger and very nice. Most outstanding was the service - from the bellhops to the service personnel to the concierge we were always greeted with a smile. I can not imagine such a personal touch at one of the large, luxury hotels. When we return we will certainly try and stay here.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcatty
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent two nights at The Muse and had a wonderful time there......our room was very nice and the decor was very boutiquey...all done in black and white and grey............very chic!
It was a special weekend for us....wedding anniversary as well as a BIG birthday for my husband. We were treated to a very nice bottle of Prosecco and chocolates compliments of the Concierge team......thank you once again....it was very thoughtful!
The Muse is so well located......in the theater district......Time Square.....great restaurants......could not be better! We would definitely stay there again.......

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rosemaria
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was our second stay at this boutique hotel and it was just as lovely the
second time. The rooms are very clean, roomy and comfortable. The staff
were very helpful with smiles all around. It was also nice to just step out your
door and be near Times Square, shopping, theaters. Perfect location and at
the end of a busy day - great to come home to this hotel to unwind and relax.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business