“Great Boutique Hotel-friendly service”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #68 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed at the Muse of a few occasions and enjoy the amenities, the service and its proximity to attractions. Make sure you get a room higher up as the traffic is extremely noisy below the 10th floor. The hotel has a complimentary wine tasting on some nights which is great, the rooms are very clean and modern, and broadway and times square are steps away! I would recommend this even though it can be a little overpriced......check for deals that might come up.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a higher floor and a more modern room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed at the Muse for a 4 night trip. It was me, my daughter and her friend. We had an executive suite. Nice size for a NY hotel. Bathroom was tiny but in NY you don't get the huge resort bathrooms.
One day the maid forgot to leave us toilet paper. That was about all that went wrong which was a minor snafu.
I gave my daughter and her friend the king bed and I slept on the sofa bed which was very comfortable with a nice mattress.
I would stay at the Muse again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Wife and I stayed here in mid-April of this year. What a nice surprise. First Kimpton property and we absolutely loved it. Room was very VERY large for a NYC hotel and the bed was wonderful. Front staff was kind and took care of whatever we needed. Complimentary wine in the evenings was nice as were the tootsie rolls they had out. I will come here again when I return to NYC!

Room Tip: All of them seem to be nice!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is a nice clean place that is tastefull decorated. The location is quite central located in Times Square.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Drove from California to upstate New York to take my son to college (we drove because he wanted to have a car there). After moving him into his dorm, I took a train to NYC. The Muse Hotel was a short walk from the train station. Feeling exhausted and sad after a long journey; I walked into The Muse and they were so welcoming that I felt like I was "home". The staff was caring and attentive. A cheese platter and bottle of wine were sent up to my room. I enjoyed their hospitality, relaxed and went for a walk later that evening.
The next day I had a spa service in my room. It was magnificent.
This is the best hotel I've stayed in NYC.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisetteom
Lulu E, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! After that long drive, I’m excited you had the chance to use the in-room spa services, it sounds like it was very much needed. I hope your son’s college is close enough that we can welcome you back “home” soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

They had me at "Hello..."and I was in love with the Kimpton group. They took all my requests into consideration: a room away from construction and street noise (the ones I made when I reserved..after my research on Tripadvisor) and was grateful to be far,far from the elevator too.
After our transatlantic trip we couldn't have had a better reception and our room was a cool,safe haven away from the topsy turvy Times Square. The decor is modern and fun, the fact that there was chocolates and a card for my partner whose birthday we were celebrating made us feel like VIP's. Big comfy bed,spacious bathroom...perfect for our NYC getaway. As our stay progressed we surmized that The Muse is there to make everyone feel special.
I also need to say how prompt the maid service is...I have stayed in hotels all over and have come back to my room in the late afternoon to find my room uncleaned and the bed unmade and that drives me insane. At The Muse...we never even heard the cleaning cart.let alone ran into anyone...we left the room and came back and it was done...by faeries?!!
Nice vibe,smiling faces all round be it from the hotel staff or the other guests.
Morning coffee and early evening wine is complimentary...smiles are genuine .
Great location,right in the heart of it all and walking distance to...just about everything.
A must,must,must!

Room Tip: If you can get it and afford it...book a room with a balcony.lLooks lovely in the photos! Ask to be...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IntrepidTraveller06

First of all, nice Jerry McGuire reference! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay and our amazing housekeeping staff wowed you. They’re not fairies, but they seem to work magic. Happy birthday to your partner! I hope we welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We arrived late on Friday evening for a quick getaway. The lobby was lovely and the staff friendly and professional. Our room was nicely appointed and comfy. We were delighted with the amenities.

Morning coffee and early evening wine are complimentary. Many guests gathered at the end of the day to socialize and enjoy a glass of wine.

This hotel is pet friendly and the dogs that we encountered were really well behaved.

Located right off of Times Square, the location was perfect for dining and the theater. We parked our car and walked all weekend.

We are planning to make this an annual event.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple