Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $132.00
from $49.00
from $29.00
11,543 results
All reviews big bus tours night tour downtown tour day pass tour guide hop on hop john harkins new york top deck your bearings times square statue of liberty great tour boat trip big apple his knowledge interesting facts
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Our first tour guide constantly talked about tips which, as other travellers have said, gets annoying and makes you feel like you’re only tipping because you were told to, not because they were particularly good.
When we got on with Darius it was a completely different vibe, he appears to absolutely love what he’s doing and makes you enjoy the ride more for it. If I could guarantee having Darius as the tour guide I would have used the bus even more!

2  Thank rhiannons561
Reviewed January 21, 2020

The concept that you can jump on and off anytime and anywhere is great, but you can't. There are only designated area that the bus stops along delegated routes. Basically, it works but some of the stops are 10 blocks apart and they can be confusing when many buses show up at the same time.
The tour guides constantly reminding the tourists that they want your tips gets annoying after a while.
But, having said this, they are a great way to see the city and worth the discounted rates you get online.

2  Thank Rick K
BigBusToursUSA, Manager at Big Bus New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Afternoon Rick K,

Our route and stops are designated by the Department of Transportation, and travel through areas that are of great interest to tourists. As we are a sightseeing tour bus company, and not a shuttle bus, we do not drop off and pick up at all attractions. As for the frequency, please keep in mind, traffic is a key component in our success and it does affect the wait time.

However, we are always monitoring the traffic, and work diligently to ensure our customers still see the best sights, while being able to move efficiently. While tipping is customary in this profession, it is not mandatory, and we apologize if you were made to feel uncomfortable. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we use it as a tool to improve our services moving forward, and we hope you were able to enjoy the remainder of your time in NYC.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

We did this tour on day 1 in New York.We had purchased a New York pass and this was one of the redeemable attractions.Enjoyed it so much we upgraded and purchased an extra 2 days.Was a perfect way to get around the city

2  Thank toniat852
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Found this company after looking at the City Pass. It was a good deal and had exactly what we wanted. Paid online and got what we assumed was a pass via email.
Nope! After we get to the Empire State Building they explained that we had to go to the lobby of Madam Tussaud’s to get the “tickets”.
So after a 30 minute walk in 20 degree weather, we finally get to the lobby only to be told that they have to print the Bus Tickets before we can get attraction tickets.
We had wanted to go on the bus tour on Sunday but now were forced to go on Saturday.
Went on the Red line tour which as supposed to be hour and half or so. Lasted maybe 45 minutes due to Women’s Rights March in town.
Not the bus companies fault, but we should have been told.
Come back to ride the Blue line, went to the Knickerbocker Hotel to catch that bus only to be told that we had to walk 3-5 more blocks to catch the bus.
Literally got off one bus, was told where to get on the second and the location moved before we could walk a block.
Poor communication, poor customer service (guy In the ticket booth was too busy watching his phone to explain anything.) Poor directions.
Pushy sales reps on the street, then get an attitude when you tell them you have tickets already.
Only real good part was out tour guide and I wish I knew her name, I do know her husband works there also driving a bus.

Good Afternoon Joseph C,

We apologize for the frustrating experience you've had on your trip. Due to your purchase from a third-party vendor you were not fully informed as all of our direct informational platforms are up to date and provide all details of our products and services but we assure you, it has been reported to the designated department to ensure all third-party vendors are fully equipped to inform our customers.

Due to your purchase being a package(bus and attraction), once redeem, it activates your bus pass and your validity period begins. We post these changes on our website and app under "Service information” All of our guides and agents are aware of these changes and should be informing customers also.employee.

Outstanding customer service is a top priority, and we trust every worker to handle each guest with the highest dignity, competence and appreciation. Any other conduct that is shy of exceptional is inappropriate and will not be accepted. With that said, we appreciate your feedback and hope this one experience does not deter you from using Big Bus in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

I loved the tour and most of my tour guides I had did a great job of explaining what things were and where my stops were. Signage could be better, as long as you call In or ask a local then you can be directed to a stop pretty easily.

My biggest issue with this is any time I was trying to Plan went to get on the bus, I came in January and it was freezing so I would try to stay inside until the bus got close. Anytime I called in all they could tell me was 20 to 30 minutes and they would never tell me where the bus was actually at. Multiple times I had to call back 20 minutes later and say it hasn’t showed up yet where is it, at which they would then say they were sorry but for sure within 10 or 15 minutes. Sometimes I’ll be waiting at the stop for 40 minutes because they wouldn’t log on to see where the bus was at. And even though there is an app to track where the buses are, it doesn’t work.

The other issue was as I will be waiting for my big bus to work, I would see three or four city sightseeing buses pass me.

Otherwise this was a great bus tour, it took you around the city and saved on taxis. Just be prepared to stand at a bus stop for 30 minutes sometimes.

Date of experience: January 2020
BigBusToursUSA, Manager at Big Bus New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Good Afternoon Kristen H.

We cannot speak for the competition however we're sorry to wait longer than usual, please keep in mind, traffic is a key component in our success as we're always monitoring our routes and trying to give our customers the best tour while still moving efficiently.

As for the app, it will be reported immediately to our IT department. With that in mind, we're glad to hear you've enjoyed your tours and we appreciate the thorough and honest feedback that helps us improve our services for the future.