Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $49.00
from $119.04
from $109.00
8,523 results
All reviews big bus tours uptown tour night tour day pass tour guide hop on hop john harkins new york great tour statue of liberty top deck times square your bearings boat trip manhattan bridge big apple his knowledge
Reviewed today

We had already booked this tour before we flew after reading reviews. It did not let us down, the sights we saw will stay with us forever! When I think of New York from now I will always think of Bernie our tour guide. His amazing local knowledge of "his city" is second to none. Being born and still living in Bronx his immense information about the past, present and future of NY was breathtaking. Bernie told us all about the 3D city he showed us around - sights, smells and tastes - giving priceless recommendations for art, theatre, shopping, parks, food and much more. Bernie personally welcomed each and every customer on board to his "penthouse suite" and then with his wider use of foreign language and world wide knowledge he made everyone feel at home by showing us all a bespoke part of NY related to your own country eg Greece, Colombia, Canada and for us Brits or "Yorkshire Puddings". This tour guide made our holiday and the time we spend on the tour will remain in our thoughts forever, Bernie in our hearts. If you are looking for an easy, relaxing, funny and informative tour of the big apple look no further than the Big Bus Tour - just make sure you get on Bernies bus "Eh by gum r lad"!! Bernies boss - we salute your employee, good job!

Reviewed today via mobile

We ended up riding the bus in the first NYC snow storm of 2018. Hard to see out some windows so the company let us ride for free. The best part of the trip was the commentator who was very knowledgeable about NYC history and made the best of the trip with funny comments about the snow and conditions!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Big Bus is a veritable scam, stay far away. They fire their best guides and promote drones. A pure waste.

Reviewed 2 days ago

There is so much to see in Manhattan this is a great way to get an overview of the city. Took the Downtown, Uptown, and Harlem tours and had a great experience on all of them. Paul S was our guide for the Harlem tour and he provided lots of information on the neighborhoods. Recommend it to anyone wanting an overview of NYC.

1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 3 days ago

The commentator was missing from 3 of the buses we went on and the audio hardly ever worked. We bought package tickets to everything but didn't have time to see half of it due to the slowness of boarding with one guy trying to do all the work. Very disappointing and a waste of a huge amount of money.

2  Thank rossiross2015
Reviewed 3 days ago

Went to New York with my daughter, bought tickets and was overcharged by sales agent...this I could have overlooked however the company's complete disregard for the safety of an entire bus load of people I can't. We purchased a ticket that included a night tour. Bus driver said " I hope we make back with this bus" ...we thought he was kidding. Boarded a full bus only to have the bus stall at the top of the Manhattan bridge. Without an engine, the driver tried to guide the bus towards the left lane on the bridge narrowly missing a large concrete barrier and violently throwing people forward on the top of the bus. If this wasn't bad enough, the lady in front of us became hysterical and at one point was on the floor insisting that they stop the bus and let us off. The driver then decided to drive the bus (with no functioning engine) down the manhattan bridge. It was like living something out of the movie Speed. The tour guide was rude and abrasive, only concerned with the police. After going through a couple of lights the driver brought the bus to a stop. Myself and my daughter along with several others insisted that they open the doors and let us out. This is now about 11pm ...I'm in a city I do not know, in the dark, trying to get a cab back to my hotel. It cost me upwards of $40 US to safetly get myself an my daughter back to our hotel. I have contacted the company on at least 4 occasions. Had someone call me back and tell me that someone from their financial department would call be regarding a refund. This was several months ago...I am still waiting. The fact that they were more interested in filling a bus than the safety of it's passengers is disturbing and disgraceful. I would never recommend this company to anyone. The staff on the bus showed no remorse, and no concern for the passenger having a panic attack. They were rude and heartless. The customer service is beyond terrible. I have never ever experience anything like this before. I highly recommend that anyone taking a tour of New York consider the fact that this company does NOT stand by it's product or the safety of it's patrons.

1  Thank Cruiser19879911834
Reviewed 4 days ago

Reading the reviews I was very hesitant and searched deeper into all reviews of all tour bus packages. I liked the "Big Bus" because I emailed questions to the contact found and GOT AN ANSWER -thanks! And because a wonderful man Blaine Ferguson selling on the street was so nice and offered me a lower price than what is posted online. Friendly, was NOT pushy, took time to answer all my questions and explained some of the problems I read on Trip Adviser. The Big buses are generally the newest buses, they have wifi on them, the tour guides were easily to understand, informative and funny, WHAT A RELIEF. We had a great day.

Suggestion: I wish they could tell when the buses with the covered tops were coming as it was cold. It still seems like they could do that. Also to not have a covered bus for the evening ride was weak. A great day.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This bad tour experience started at the time of sale. Two very pushy sales agents converge on you and promise you the world they did not explain that I was purchasing a two day ticket simply said this is the cheapest ticket to combine the cruise. They did not say that you have to walk over a mile to get to the cruise landing. At the Chinatown spot we waited for over an hour to get back on the bus. The bus we were in was nasty no air conditioning and rude driver.
Called the office to complain a nice young lady tried to help but even she did not know where the cruise landing was. She promised a refund. Their office manager contacted me a couple days later stating that only 40% will be refunded in cash and they will give me a future travel voucher for the rest. I am not planning to travel back to NYC anytime soon so that’s worthless to me. Find a different company if you don’t want your trip ruined.

1  Thank mishutka79
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I came to NYC on business but wanted to catch as much of the city as possible. I took a chance on this bus tour and it was the best thing I did on the whole trip. My tour guide was John Harkins. This guy was bursting with information and so funny. My wife and I have decided to come back to NYC because of our great experience on the bus tour. We want to come back I ride the other routes they have. My hat tip to my tour guide John because he made this experience amazing! I highly recommend this bus tour and I hope you are lucky enough to get John.

Reviewed 4 days ago

The bus is a very good alternative to long walks. In addition we met such an appassionate tour guide (John Harkins) who told us many interesting stories with great passion. He was also eager and happy to reply all our questions. The tour offers a lot of flexibility: the stops are many and you can get on and off as many times as you want during the day.