Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $49.00
from $119.04
from $109.00
8,520 results
All reviews big bus tours uptown tour night tour day pass tour guide hop on hop john harkins new york great tour statue of liberty top deck times square your bearings boat trip manhattan bridge big apple his knowledge
Reviewed yesterday

The commentator was missing from 3 of the buses we went on and the audio hardly ever worked. We bought package tickets to everything but didn't have time to see half of it due to the slowness of boarding with one guy trying to do all the work. Very disappointing and a waste of a huge amount of money.

Reviewed yesterday

Went to New York with my daughter, bought tickets and was overcharged by sales agent...this I could have overlooked however the company's complete disregard for the safety of an entire bus load of people I can't. We purchased a ticket that included a night tour. Bus driver said " I hope we make back with this bus" ...we thought he was kidding. Boarded a full bus only to have the bus stall at the top of the Manhattan bridge. Without an engine, the driver tried to guide the bus towards the left lane on the bridge narrowly missing a large concrete barrier and violently throwing people forward on the top of the bus. If this wasn't bad enough, the lady in front of us became hysterical and at one point was on the floor insisting that they stop the bus and let us off. The driver then decided to drive the bus (with no functioning engine) down the manhattan bridge. It was like living something out of the movie Speed. The tour guide was rude and abrasive, only concerned with the police. After going through a couple of lights the driver brought the bus to a stop. Myself and my daughter along with several others insisted that they open the doors and let us out. This is now about 11pm ...I'm in a city I do not know, in the dark, trying to get a cab back to my hotel. It cost me upwards of $40 US to safetly get myself an my daughter back to our hotel. I have contacted the company on at least 4 occasions. Had someone call me back and tell me that someone from their financial department would call be regarding a refund. This was several months ago...I am still waiting. The fact that they were more interested in filling a bus than the safety of it's passengers is disturbing and disgraceful. I would never recommend this company to anyone. The staff on the bus showed no remorse, and no concern for the passenger having a panic attack. They were rude and heartless. The customer service is beyond terrible. I have never ever experience anything like this before. I highly recommend that anyone taking a tour of New York consider the fact that this company does NOT stand by it's product or the safety of it's patrons.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Reading the reviews I was very hesitant and searched deeper into all reviews of all tour bus packages. I liked the "Big Bus" because I emailed questions to the contact found and GOT AN ANSWER -thanks! And because a wonderful man Blaine Ferguson selling on the street was so nice and offered me a lower price than what is posted online. Friendly, was NOT pushy, took time to answer all my questions and explained some of the problems I read on Trip Adviser. The Big buses are generally the newest buses, they have wifi on them, the tour guides were easily to understand, informative and funny, WHAT A RELIEF. We had a great day.

Suggestion: I wish they could tell when the buses with the covered tops were coming as it was cold. It still seems like they could do that. Also to not have a covered bus for the evening ride was weak. A great day.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

This bad tour experience started at the time of sale. Two very pushy sales agents converge on you and promise you the world they did not explain that I was purchasing a two day ticket simply said this is the cheapest ticket to combine the cruise. They did not say that you have to walk over a mile to get to the cruise landing. At the Chinatown spot we waited for over an hour to get back on the bus. The bus we were in was nasty no air conditioning and rude driver.
Called the office to complain a nice young lady tried to help but even she did not know where the cruise landing was. She promised a refund. Their office manager contacted me a couple days later stating that only 40% will be refunded in cash and they will give me a future travel voucher for the rest. I am not planning to travel back to NYC anytime soon so that’s worthless to me. Find a different company if you don’t want your trip ruined.

1  Thank mishutka79
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I came to NYC on business but wanted to catch as much of the city as possible. I took a chance on this bus tour and it was the best thing I did on the whole trip. My tour guide was John Harkins. This guy was bursting with information and so funny. My wife and I have decided to come back to NYC because of our great experience on the bus tour. We want to come back I ride the other routes they have. My hat tip to my tour guide John because he made this experience amazing! I highly recommend this bus tour and I hope you are lucky enough to get John.

Reviewed 2 days ago

The bus is a very good alternative to long walks. In addition we met such an appassionate tour guide (John Harkins) who told us many interesting stories with great passion. He was also eager and happy to reply all our questions. The tour offers a lot of flexibility: the stops are many and you can get on and off as many times as you want during the day.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Great way to see things, but you need to limit your off and on times, and schedule things out. Sometimes this can work well to see the city and get a sense of where things are.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We did a two day bus tour which was great value, only half price. The tour delivered you to all the different sites on all three lines [red, blue, yellow] It gave one a good idea of what New York was like in a short time.

1  Thank Y8143TDjohns
Reviewed 3 days ago

We had previously used the downtown tour. It was great but we opted for the uptown tour. The guide was very poor. He kept repeating the same lines over and over again. He made it clear he hated Manhattan and kept saying it was full of tourists and workers. Hello. We were all tourist. He wanted us all to move to another area! Seriously. The bus sat in traffic for 1.5 hour in midtown and we never even saw any of uptown. There was beeping noise on the bus that never stopped. In the end we just got off. It was useless and a complete waste of time and money. The guide was playing on a skate board before he got on if that helps you to identify.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We did the $48 package and completed the uptown AND downtown loop. Irma and Mark were GREAT! Perfect way to see the all the highlights with limited time. It was easy to get on and off. Never too crowded. Bundle up- seriously!