4,204 results
All reviews chelsea market meatpacking district bodega negra electric room dream team rooftop club the meat packing district new york trendy hotel fun hotel the high line lobby bar amazing hotel king room view of the empire state building rooms are small phd
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was not told at check in there would be a $150 per DAY charge on my CC (I had planned to stay for 4 days and only realized this per day charge as I was looking at my credit card statement - I was shocked to see a $600 hold on my card after having pre-paid nearly $1600 for a four night stay.

Next: While the room was fine, I ended up being up until almost 5am as the music from the lobby was blasted through the hotel until 4am. I could feel the bass in my body, my bed was vibrating and the walls were too. It was unreal. Not one person at any point of booking or check in ever mentioned they turn their lobby space into a MASSIVE party.

I was here for work and completely missed my entire next day due to being a total zombie.

They let me out of the last two nights, thankfully (the right thing to do). I'll never stay at another Dream hotel. I can't even believe places like this exist. What a terrible place.

Room tip: There is no good room. Find another hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank fritoboater
DreamDTNY, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dream Downtown, fritoboater. I am so sorry to hear about the experience you had here with us. This is not the experience we strive to provide here at Dream. I hope to discuss your experience further. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly at fmunoz@dreamny.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been all over the world and traveled at the best of best hotels to the slums of all... never have I ever heard of a hotel CHARGING for a bucket/cup of ice ... NEVER heard such a crazy thing
... makes the whole stay here a downfall cause I’m afraid to ask for extra towels now cause that might be a charge

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dream Downtown, Expedition632269. I am so sorry to hear about the experience you had here with us. This is not the experience we strive to provide here at Dream. I hope to discuss your experience further. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly at fmunoz@dreamny.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It’s hard to imagine a more boutique feeling hotel with an all year pool 24 hour room service top-notch clubs for as cheap as you get when staying at dream downtown. But I’m not writing about that, but instead about the staff. Whether you have two little kids who enjoy the adults pool too much to a mom who is little too vocally pro-trump with who ever she meets, or some tired parents that need some help, everyone here was super friendly and accommodating. Not the experience I’m used to in nyc, but I could. This is our second trip here this year. Really impressive.

Trip type: Traveled solo

We are thrilled that Dream Downtown was a perfect fit for you CDL82. Thank you for the feedback on our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Felipe Munoz-
fmunoz@DreamNY.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

i love this property as it suits my needs. shopping by the day and partying at night! hotel not suitable for kids. Most of the staff is amazing. Had a couple of rude experiences but i would still give 5 stars for location and ambience and for most of the staff. I decided my upcoming stay will be the last chance i will give to the hotel since i love the lobby and the vibe of the hotel a lot and comfortable with the location. whenever i stay here , it is for more than a week. Although the hotel does need a refurbishment. we were a group of more than 12 people staying there in end of may to beginning of june, some of my friends didn't have a door for the bathroom. the hotel is noisy and if you are in new york for early morning work schedule, this is not the place for you. the food and the restaurants are fabulous. looking forward to a better stay in october.

Room tip: i love room 239 but if you are a light sleeper it is not for you. light sleepers need to take rooms which are not pool facing
Date of stay: May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay at Dream Downtown, Shruti R. I would personally like to invite you back into one of our different category room types. I am sure that we have something that you would love and will be much more quiet.
Hope you give us the opportunity to make your next stay more alluring than the first. Please feel free to reach out to me directly before your next trip so that I can oversee your stay and handle any special requests you might have.

fmunoz@dreamny.com

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Spent the weekend in New York City at this lovely hotel which was a million dollar experience. Just want to give a shout-out to manager Maria who took the extra time to provide my family with the greatest and highest level of service possible. Also, wanted to thank guest service supervisor Lauren Nordstrom for helping facilitate our family reunion and special family day by the pool.

Date of stay: August 2019
DreamDTNY, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dream Downtown, jenkiley06. I’m glad to hear you had an exciting stay with us. Thank you for your feedback on our staff specially Maria and Lauren.

fmunoz@DreamNY.com