“Must Go!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Must Go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was the very first upscale hotel I've been to. I must say; great first impression! It was my best friends birthday and the hotel provided us a free bottle of delicious champagne chilled and ready to be pour. Not even 20 minutes after check in I met Janell Monae! Was also there the entire weekend! I met Eric Decker (He bought me a drink)! The hotel provides free bikes so that you take them out, my best friend and I rode to South Street Seaport, it was only 20 minutes away! Everything is about 20 minutes from the hotel, even Grand Central! The service was awesome! Everyone is so friendly and want to help, all of the doormen are kind and social and really down to earth, you can definitely build relationships here! It was an awesome experience and I would totally stay again!

Room Tip: All the rooms look the same except the PentHouse
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
It’s great to hear that you felt such a warm welcome at Dream Downtown. Many of our repeat guests feel as though Dream is a home away from home, as the staff truly enjoys pleasing our guests. I am glad to know that we made your first upscale hotel experience a special one and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ayo Akinsete

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (780)
  • Korean first
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere despite the smaller suite we started out with. The room set up was very nice. Problems with the lighting in the rooms. All the lights turn on automatically including the separate bedroom when anyone enters the suite. This is a problem if someone is trying to sleep & others come in or go out at different times. We also had a problem with noise from the nightclub next door pounding until 4 am. Hopefully they resolved that issue by now. We did spend a night in the Presidential suite. This was a really bad set up. They have 4 regular rooms combined into 1 big suite the problem is there are 4 doors to enter & no real master bedroom. It was a mix match setup the 2nd floor was great 2 spiral staircases to your own private spacious rooftop area along with a small inside bar entertainment area & bathroom & full surround sound music system both inside & out. It has a huge barrel style hot tub lounges & shower. Fun Experience.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for the honest feedback on Dream Downtown, it is greatly appreciated. In regards to the presidential suite I am pleased to let you know that the room is currently under complete renovation and will be ready in September. Rest assured the room is going to be spectacular and will compete with any presidential suite in the city. Please let us know when you will be coming back to NYC, you must check out what we have in store.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This lovely hotels is located just around the corner from the popular meatpacking district and the high line.
The hotel beds are so amazingly comfy you could stay in bed all day...
Ok room size for NY city, nice interior and clean rooms, hotel also has a roof top bar. The hotel has a popular bar at Fri and Sat night which becomes a bit crowded, and a bit noisy around the reception area. Good value for money. Again, super comfy beds, I have never experienced anything like it!

• Stayed May 2014
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your bed so much, they are extremely comfortable. Here at Dream our goal is to provide top notch hotel amenities combined with floorless service. It is pleasing to know that you had such a great time at the hotel. I look forward to having you back in the near future.

Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've already been here a few times and I Always like it.
Atomsphere is great and sparkling!
Nice room, big enoght.
Just be sure not to in the top rooms (under PHD bar) for a more quite night.
Service has greatly imprved, at the beginning I feelt like not beeing treated as a Customer but as a number. This was the only aspect that I did not liked.
Now I feel at home.
Front desk recognise me and follow for all the need.
What else?
....Come here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for the Kind words on Dream Downtown, the feedback is truly appreciated. This review brings me great joy as I know we are not without our flaws, however we try our best to be perfect and correct things when they go wrong. I am happy to know that we were able to change your initial opinion on the hotel and that you have had many great stays. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hands-down the best value to be found in NYC for anyone seeking nightlife, a young and trendy crowd, and a good central location. Saturday evening sunset party at the nightclub, PH-D, is not to be missed. Stayed in the Presidential Suite: two large bedrooms, one large living room, more bathrooms than I could count, and a huge private terrace with hot tub overlooking the pool area. VIP hosts treated us like royalty. My friends intend to make a weekend at Dream Downtown an annual tradition.

Room Tip: There are two premium rooms: South Tower Terrace and Presidential Suite, both of which have multiple...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
What a great review on Dream Downtown. You are right, PHD is a must see while at the hotel as it arguably has the best skyline view from any bar in NYC. I am glad that you and your friends had such a great time and hope to welcome you back to Dream in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Loved Dream Hotel Downtown! Stayed here for 1 night and have booked in for another week. The room was spacious and very clean and the rooftop pool was a nice place to relax after a busy day. The service was excellent, staff are very friendly!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie-Louise M
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I love that you loved Dream Downtown, as we are very proud of our hotel and the amazing staff that work very hard to exceed guest expectations. I am glad to know that you had such a great time and look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was my first experience staying with Dream Hotels, and it will not be my last. I have personally stayed at a few different hotels within Manhattan. Downtown Manhattan is a great location for me and my significant other, as it is near friends and family. When looking for a place to stay in the future, we will book Dream Downtown.

The hotel was very modern on the inside and out. The pool area is beautiful with a few places to eat within the hotel and nearby. The rooms were magnificent and extremely clean. The staff was extremely friendly and went above and beyond for us. With all of the above being sad, my first visit will not be the last. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you will be back to Dream Downtown, as repeat guests are our bread and butter. There are a few great hotels in the Meatpacking District, however I feel that Dream is the best of the bunch. With a wide range of amazing amenities coupled with the best hotel staff in the neighborhood, I also feel that staying at Dream is worth every penny. I am glad to hear that you felt such a warm welcome from all of the staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.