Dream Downtown
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$162
$124
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$161
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$303
$186
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$200
GardenInn.com
$134
  • Room Service
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$206
$123
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

3,830 results
All reviewschelsea marketmeatpacking districtbodega negraelectric roomdream teamrooftop barthe meat packing districtnew yorktrendy hotelfun hotelthe high linenight lifeguest servicesamazing hotelthe entire staffview of the empire state buildingking room
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Me and the bf loved this hotel and will be back. Fun weekend stay with nightlife built in. The rooms were fun and the bed was the kind you want to crawl into and never leave.

Excited for summertime to swim in that pool.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I chose the Dream Downtown for 2 reasons: (1) it was close to the West Village where my daughter lives and (2) since I was traveling with a friend, it was the only reasonably priced hotel where I could get 2 beds. The architecture is interesting with a porthole motif and very modern rooms with stainless steel and glass. There is not much drawer or closet space but, otherwise, the room and bathroom were a nice size. We were on the 2nd floor and our porthole window opened and we could directly experience the newly fallen snow. And the bed is comfortable. My friend is allergic to feathers and the hotel provided non-feather pillows and what the hotel called a hypoallergenic room.

At night, the entire lobby is taken up with a DJ in a bright ski hat playing loud, lively music for youthful hipsters. Fortunately, we could not hear it from our second floor room.

Housekeeping wasn't great but, otherwise, the staff was helpful. I would definitely stay at Dream Downtown again.

And, as an aside, when I returned home I realized I left my (non-valuable) jewelry in my room. I phoned and spoke to security. An hour later he called back to say he located it, asked me to describe each piece, and he arranged (at my expense) for the concierge to Fedex it to me. I am thrilled that he made it so easy for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Positives: Great location in trendy meatpacking district, glam hotel, cool rooms.

Negatives: (1) Room on the 11th floor was right below the club and I felt like I was in the club. I can't believe they think it's ok to sell rooms for $400-500 a night with this kind of noise. (2) They didn't clean my room one day for no apparent reason. When I told the front desk, they sent someone up hours later who did a quick job of it. (3) I grabbed a drink at the lobby bar and sat down on a lobby sofa but was kicked out because the seat was "reserved". If I stay at the hotel and buy a drink at the bar it seems ridiculous that I can't sit in the lobby to drink it.

Room Tip: Not on the 11th floor - it's crazy loud!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shannon S
Axel F, Assistant General Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry that your room on the 11th Floor did not provide the peace and quiet your rightly expected, especially since you seemed to enjoy so any aspects of your stay.

We will always address noise concerns by offering alternative rooms and I invite you to reach out to me personally so I can address your concerns. Generally we provide housekeeping service twice a day, provided the electronic Do Not Disturb light was not accidentally left on. I will look into this as soon as I have more information. As for our Lobby - while there is some general seating in the lobby, most belongs to our Marble Lounge and seats may be reserved for both hotel guests and patrons, especially late nights. Our hosts will happily look for alternatives.

Again - I am very sorry that your stay was not fully enjoyable. Hopefully I will hear from you.

With best regards

AXEL

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I travel for work a lot and it's never easy living out of a suitcase. But when I come to the dream, I actually feel like I'm home! The staff is always so helpful and nice from the second I step out of the cab from the airport, I'm getting help with my luggage, doors opened, and the overall feeling of a luxury hotel. Since I've been coming here for a while now, they quickly recognize me and make me feel like I'm back home. Personally, I love how lively the hotel is! It can be loud at times, but it's never affected my sleep or work or anything for that matter. With a club on the roof (with an amazing city view) and a club downstairs and next door... you are in for a fun time!!! I love the Dream and tell everyone to stay there! It's the perfect New York hotel! And did I mention the beds? The most comfortable beds EVER!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Dream Downtown this past week. The staff was friendly, and helpful and went out of their way to show me around the Hotel. The beds were so comfortable . What a gorgeous view from the rooftop, and the night life was great. Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple