“Perfect stay”
Review of Dream Downtown

Dream Downtown
Ranked #125 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The staff is very helpful, the zone is great, amazing nightlife, the hotel has its own style, everything is great. The PhD is amazing, has one of the best views of the city, great music, great people.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank cmva86
Write a ReviewReviews (3,675)

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I travel to NYC frequently, and the Dream Downtown is at the top of my list. Here's what keeps me coming back:

1) Service- any request I've had while staying there has been fulfilled quickly, and with a smile as well! In particular, the bellhops and doormen are so polite and considerate that it makes my stays that much more enjoyable.

2) Room- the rooms are well-appointed in a modern style. It is not a case of form of function though, and you will be comfortable. The bed is very nice. I'm not a big fan of the lighting "system," but once you spend a few minutes figuring it out, it is ok.

Many of the rooms have a balcony which is hard to come by in most hotels. The view in the rooms I've had are not absolutely stunning, but just being able to sit outside and unwind at the end of an evening is very nice.

3) Location- the ACE (blue) line is literally a one minute walk from the front door. Aside from that, you are basically in the center of it all. Great restaurants, coffee shops, shopping are within a few minutes. For my tastes it is perfect. Even if you're looking to get into Times Square, you can literally be there in under 10 minutes with the subway.

I've stayed in most of the hotels in Chelsea since I travel often, and in my opinion it is hard to beat the combination of things that the Dream offers for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tg49
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was my first time to stay at the Dream and it was magnificent. The minute you walk in, you are greeted and check in was a breeze. Our room was awesome, very large for a NY hotel- especially the beds (dreamy). There is NO street noise and the area is perfect. This is a very hip and trendy hotel, but that does not mean you have to be a "twenty something" to stay and enjoy. The decor was very modern, industrial, chic. Having a cocktail at PHD is a must, the view is amazing. I am very traditional, so this was outside the box for me, but wouldn't have changed it for the world. I loved everything about this hotel, from the location, to the hotel staff, the door men and housekeeping-everyone was friendly and accomodating ( I am from Texas and always read about the rude people in NY). It was quite the opposite, everyone went out of there way to assist you. I will definitely stay here again! And kudos to the hotel manager, Leo. He is fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank longhorn68
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I thought everything here was fantastic. Service was empeccable from the get go. When I stepped out of the taxi the man grabbing my bags asked for surname. Then he disappeared saying everything would be taken care of. I wondered up to the front desk and they greeted me by my first name. Well organised!
The room was exactly what I was looking for when going to one of the greatest city's in the world - and from my research at a fairly comparable rate.
The nightclub at top level was one of the most popular in town - still had to line up to get in - but from my perspective - it maintains the calibre of the crowd. If they let any guest in.....no one might want to go there.
The food at the restaurant Marble Lane was some of the best I had in America. Even the side salad had me salivating.
All the staff were happy and happy to assist without a hint of attitude. The facilities were beautiful for those who appreciate modern and decadent interiors.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Katie198803
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The only place in New York City that offers LA style luxury and entertainment. The rooms are well designed and make the best usage of space I have seen in quite some time. The staff are eager to help and did everything I requested of them to a "t". That alone is more than I can say of most hotels in this city!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank sechsgang
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is our second visit to the Dream Downtown, the first was in December. All I can say is WOW-- we partied at the pool from 2-6, then headed upstairs for a visit to PH-D. The group upstairs was MUCH younger than the group by the pool and for future visits we will stay by the pool until they stop the music. We had a pool access room, which was great and loved everything about our visit.

My only suggestion is that they MUST enforce their NO CHILDREN policy for pool access after 12 noon. There were three kids in the pool at 3:00 having a splash fight, and the ladies were NOT happy with their hair getting wet. All things considered we are returning for a visit on Labor Day weekend-----!!!!!!

Room Tip: Reserve a pool access room- Adds to the fun!!!