“Amazing hotel, amazing staff!”
Review of Dream Downtown

Dream Downtown
Ranked #134 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at Dream Downtown. The hotel employs the most professional staff we've ever encountered in all of our travels.The rooms are immaculate, and the views from the 9th floor rooms facing the Empire State Building and uptown can't be beat.

A special thank you to Lizzy and Carly, and the concierge staff- Natalie, Tom, and Sean. They made and confirmed reservations, and generally made us feel welcome and cared for at all times. And, everything people say about the amazing, comfy beds is true - dreamy, dreamy, dreamy!

We will most definitely be staying at Dream Downtown when we are in New York again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Empire State Building
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 28, 2012

A friend and I stayed at Dream Downtown last week and we liked our stay overall. The Lobby and lounge is definitely a happening place.
The pros: great staff! Very friendly and accommodating. Fun nightclub. Nice location adjacent to Chelsea Market.
The cons: decor is great but the rooms aren't that functional. The bathroom sink and counter space is a joke because you can't plug in a hair dryer without the cord knocking over everything on the sink. The phone system was challenging as well as the alarm clock and lighting system. Our room didn't have an Ipod docking system which I thought was odd since they were so up-to-date with everything else. Thin walls and lots of construction during the day made for bad napping!
We concurred that this is a fun hotel if you want to stay in that area and especially if you're traveling alone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2012

First time staying in this part of NYC....nice new property with a great vibe/ atmosphere.
Booked through Tablet Hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floors I believe are better.
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed at the Dream Downtown for two nights for my daughter's 18th birthday. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the Bell Captain, Vaughn who was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had a nice modern decor. Drawer space was limited as was closet size, but that wasn't a problem for us since we were only there for two nights. Beds were very comfortable, temperature control was perfect. Only complaint was that the hallway was a bit noisy with some rowdy people one evening, but I guess that can happen anywhere! The restaurant, Marble Lane looked like a great place to dine, however we were off exploring NYC!
Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Dream Downtown on my latest biz trip to NYC, my hometown.
The service was excellent and the vibe very much NYC, especially since it was fashion week. The rooms were well taken care of and clean. Although I am not a celebrity, I was treated equally to all the celebs mingling about in the lobby.
The restaurant is excellent for both breakfast and dinner! If you want to experience a true NYC boutique hotel, then this is the place. If you want total peace and quiet, then head to....not NY!

2  Thank Cary G
Reviewed February 24, 2012

So I took the time to read the complaints about this hotel and I must say that you can't please everyone!! I found this hotel to be very sleek, modern, contemporary. I loved it!!! The only valid issue with the hotel is that the walls are thin and you can hear people VERY clearly. Upon arrival I asked for a quiet room and that's what I got. I heard people walking in the halls but I was traveling for business and got a great nights sleep both nights! If you want to party you don't have to go anywhere the party is at your hotel! If not, the bed is SUPER comfortable, the room is clean, the staff is AWESOME! Everyone was very polite and helpful with directions around the city and they address you PERSONALLY by name!!! The hotel had wifi in your room with a flat panel TV.

ANother review mentioned the closet was small..(which is true) however I was only here for two days so it didn't matter to me. Additionally they mentioned that the lights in the closet and minibar didn't go out..however I didn't find this disturbing to my sleep. I think people who complain about this hotel..are just looking for something to complain about!!

I personally am a stickler for customer service and nice accomodations and I loved this place. I will definitely come back when I travel here for business again and I've already told all my collegues that this is a great spot to stay!!!

1  Thank tmanuel12
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed at Dream Downtown while visiting NYC with some friends for an extended weekend trip.

Pros:
-Great value during the winter months
-Comfortable rooms
-Friendly service
-No street noise
-1 Block from major uptown/downtown subway line.
-Chelsea market is across the corner
-Highline walking park is 1 block away

Cons:
-Easy to hear loud people in the halls
-Elevator requires roomkey and was finicky. (Had to try it several times every time)

Additional tips:
-Getting here from JFK is quite easy. Jus take the AirTrain (airport tram) to Jamaica station, then you just hop on the E subway line and ride it all the way to 14th st. You're there! Entire trip is about 1.5 hrs.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple