“Had such a great stay!”
Review of Dream Downtown

Dream Downtown
Ranked #133 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed here for the night for a business trip on January 17th. Never had I had a better experience with a hotel. The staff was amazing especially the director of Guest Services, her name was Carly. She upgraded my room and sent a bottle of champagne as a gift. I would recommend staying here to anyone. The room was nice and clean and the ambiance was really nice. Also I really loved the location, I could walk anywhere it is right in the middle of the best part of town!

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the smaller rooms and it was really nice I don't think you could wrong with a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We were two couples who truly enjoyed 4 nights at the Dream Downtown in October. The deco / interior is super cool and modern, as well as the atmosphere. The rooftop bar is a hotspot, and make sure you get there early if you want to have a seat. It is for sure a pretty busy, trendy and partly noicy hotel, so if you are a light sleeper (and get a room up high) or don´t want to see people having fun, then choose a more quiet hotel. Rooms were clean, average sized being Manhattan, the view stunning. Awesome bed, quite small bathroom.
Tried the restaurant once, but didn´t get convinced. So much better and more interesting restaurants to choose from just down the road, like Buddakan.
The hotel is located superbly to explore NYC, in a very cool district. Close to the tube. Well worth the buck!

Room Tip: Try avoiding the upper floors, due to some noice from the rooftop bar.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel is the bomb. The decor is super cool , the bed is like a cloud and the neighborhood
is fantastic. Love the courtyard view with a pool. You hardly know you are in NYC it's another world. Totally enjoyed it and would stay there again in a heartbeat

Room Tip: If you have a choice get a room on the courtyard
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jilements
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is one of the most modern hotels in the best part of the city, you are close to everything great restaurants like Buddakan, Morimoto etc. The hotel space is amazing there is an awesome Roof top lounge with a killer view of the city sky line, room service is on point. Try the mac and cheese it's tasty, wish it was on the menu downtairs. I made reservation with Leo great help. Ask for him when you call, Tell him Ed Harris sent you from across the street.

Room Tip: Window rooms are the best
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Dream Downtown for two nights. We used a third party website to book the room, which in result, caused some complications when we checked in. The gentleman at the the front desk, Chirag Surti, was extremely accommodating. I have worked in the service industry myself for many years, and in my opinion it is rare to find someone as genuine as he was. As long as someone like him, and the doorman Carlos continue to work at this hotel, the Dream Downtown will be my top pick while staying in Manhattan. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The hotel is beautiful. Was so convenient to be in a place where our friends wanted to come to us to meet for drinks. The room with the view of the Empire State Building (gold king) was fabulous, especially when it's cold outside and you may not feel like doing any sightseeing. The location in Chelsea is hard to beat. Just a couple blocks down 9th and you're surrounded by a quaint, sophisticated, chock-full-of amazing restaurants vibe. The bed was extraordinarily comfy and the oversized, soft bath towels were a great touch. I will try and explain my frustration with the exclusivity/trendiness of this hotel.
We consider ourselves very young 30-somethings. We party, dance, visit bars & clubs everywhere we go, and yes, I packed my party outfits thinking we'd have no problem getting in. At Dream it was a bit hard to swallow that we were presumably not good enough to get into PhD unless we went early and were allowed in as an exception to the standard. We wanted to go up early and watch the sunset but I couldn't get the front desk to tell me what time they opened for drinks. Oh so secretive, trendy nyc. We did get in around 9:30 after confirming to the doorman that we were hotel guests. It was already busy and fun and everything we expected. We had heard from friends the Electric Room on the 1st floor was awesome but when we asked the front desk about it they denied it even existed. The music is blaring and there is a line of people waiting to get in, and still the desk attendant glared at me and said she had no idea what I was talking about. In my opinion, a much more tasteful and less offensive response would be to acknowledge it exists but to say it is private or make up at least some excuse that is not so disrespectful to guests. Oh, and the sink in the room is oddly dysfunctional, but that's certainly not a reason to skip the experience.

Room Tip: The gold king with a view of the empire state building was awesome! We stayed on the 10th floor and...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I had an Excellent stay at the Dream Hotel Downtown NYC. This hotel is a fantastic hotel and very unique then any other! We had accidently booked our stay to the wrong Dream Hotel and the front desk manager; Ayo Akinsete did all he can to get us in the right room. He defiantly was a huge help. It means a lot when you don’t have to worry about fixing a problem. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat to anyone. Big thanks to the staff, front desk, and Ayo! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends