Dream Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Maritime Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Chelsea Pines Inn(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Soho House New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Pool
The High Line Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
The GEM Hotel Chelsea(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Jane(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Chelsea Savoy Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
3,778 results
All reviewschelsea marketmeatpacking districtbodega negraelectric roomdream teamrooftop barthe meat packing districtnew yorktrendy hotelfun hotelthe high linenight lifeguest servicesamazing hotelthe entire staffview of the empire state buildingking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2011

visiting often NY and staying at 5 stars hotels, the Dream was a great surprise. I loved the design, the service and the vibe the hotel has. The room are very comfortable and luxury. Hotel public areas are hip and happening. And the hotel has great location between Chelsea and the Meat packing district.

I found my new home away from home!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I live in NYC but are renovating and spending large amounts of time at hotels, we are also frequent luxury business and leisure travelers all around the world. The staff at the Dream Downtown are among the friendliest, most helpful and earnestly nice people at any hotel we have stayed in. No request is too big or small, no accommodation is overlooked when it comes to guest comfort. Truly a great team! The hotel manages to feel sexy and sleek and sophistated and warm and comfortable all at once. The suites are well-appointed and well designed, the fitness center is not merely an after-thought as in most hotels, with a dozen brand new cardio machines and separate weight/streching area overlooking the pool (not buried in the basement like most NYC hotels). Location cannot be beat because you are in the heart of the hippest area of Manhattan, but not on a through street so therenis no street noise (unlike most hotels in Manhattan) and yet, there are 2 major Avenues on either side of the hotel which means you can easily get uptown and downtown by subway or cab. A great place to experience all the faces of NY from and a great example of what a cosmopolitan hotel should be! Staying here will make your NYC experience more pleasurable and more authentic!

Room Tip: Splurge on a suite, you wont regret it!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We arrived at the hotel at 4 o'clock in the afternoon and our room was not ready. They said we could change into our bathing suits in the gym upstairs so we can enjoy the pool while we wait. We did this and then couldn't get into the pool area because they were setting up for a "private event". Later that evening the RUDE doorman would not allow us access to the rooftop lounge....even though we were staying at the hotel. The staff at the front desk said they couldn't help us b/c the rooftop is a separate venue after 8 o'clock in the evening. This was the worst experience my husband and I have ever had. I would rather sleep on the street then ever step foot in this place again! As for breakfast, there were flies on the danishes! Looks are decieving, this place is not worth your money or time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maritza M
dreamdowntown, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Dear Maritza M,

Please accept my apologies for the series of events that led to your underwhelming experience during your stay. Our pool opens exclusively to hotel guests daily at 8am. On the rare occasion that we do host a private evening event at the pool, we are always sure to communicate this clearly to our guests. I’m sorry that our staff failed to bring this to your attention. Also, we always try to be clear about the policy of our rooftop lounge, which is open to hotel guests from 5:00 to 9:30pm, after which it operates at doorman’s discretion, similar to other nightlife destinations in the neighborhood. I look forward to hearing from you directly if you would like to discuss these issues further.

Warm regards,
Michael Lindenbaum
Managing Director

Reviewed November 16, 2011

On a colleague's mention I inadvertently tried the new Dream Downtown in Chelsea last week. Very glad I did! The staff was incredibly polished and courteous -- this despite the fact that they were in the midst of preparing for a huge VIP Fashion event -- and made plenty of time to provide a tour of the property, demo the in-room technology, etc. Overall a great stay -- I have already booked a return trip!

Room Tip: Ask about what room descriptions mean and which tower.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I must share one of the most amazing experience of my life @ Dream Downtown, New York. From the minute I walked-in to the minute I checked-out the staff was beyond professional and attentive. I noticed how the staff goes the extra mile to satisfy their clients' needs and concerns. This is priceless. This is aside from the fact that they have one of the most sophisticated club in NYC "Dream club/lounge" where I had a great time with beautiful people while enjoying their incredible view of the NYC skyline. I can honestly say that I have no complaints and would highly recommend "DREAM" to anyone who is looking for an amazing and sophisticated experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple