“Fun during the snow but not quality bowling”

Bowlmor Lanes Midtown
Ranked #37 of 154 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: *Bowlmor Lanes has taken America's favorite pastime and turned it into a luxury experience. Our stunning design features modern, semi-private banquette seating, gourmet cuisine by Celebrity Chef David Burke, and a full service sports bar and restaurant; There is so much to see and do at Bowlmor; every visit is a new experience. Bowlmor Lanes has quickly become ultimate entertainment destination for a night out with your friends. *Our exquisite design and experienced event team make us the ideal location for private parties of any type or size. We specialize in Corporate Events, Children's Birthday Parties, Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, Teambuilding Outings, and more. Please call our Events Office at 212-255-8188 to find out how we can create a customized bowling event just for you!
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My son and I ventured into Bowlmor in Times Square during the recent snow storm. We were pleasantly surprised at the reasonable cost of $15 for all you can bowl. The challenge was the quality of the bowling balls/lanes. The balls have 6 holes drilled in them (2 different size holes). That was very odd! The ball rolled like the lane was tilted. You will leave there with dirty hands because the balls are so nasty but at the end of the day it was still fun.

1  Thank TheGardners_11

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I went here with a university group. No real complaints. There's much more to do than bowl (e.g. eat/drink, video games, and socialize by the bar while watching the game), which was a plus as I didn't feel like changing shoes. That said, I'll likely continue to opt for a cheaper bowling ally in the future.

1  Thank Constantly T
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I took my nieces to Bowlmor Times Sq expecting the games the website promised. It was awful. There were awful!!! There were only five games and three of them weren't working. Turns out the mini golf course was at a different location, so we bowled a couple of games, and then got out of there because the don't turn on the air conditioning until 2pm. The humidity was near 85-percent outside that day and we were sweltering. My nieces and I agreed to never go back there again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We left our schedule open for a rainy day. A rainy day came and we decided to to to Bowlmor Lanes on 44th street adjacent to Times Square. It is fairly expensive to bowl at this location, however the atmoshphere of of the decor and music videos made this a very enjoyable experience with my family. They serve food and alcohol. The lanes are in great shape. Thursday night after 9pm they have an all you can bowl special. Service was friendly and excellent. We just had beers after dining already. I would go back. You rent your shoes and pay on a per game basis.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

A good place to spend time bowling, eating, drinking. A big sport bar offers you plenty of big screen TVs so you can watch your favourite game etc. while enjoying good food and drinks. Last mentioned are quite expensive in my mind but a bowl of nachos for example is a big enough for share.
On Thursdays there's a special night when you can bowl as much as you want with a certain amount of money. All lanes and places are decoratedly very fine. Remember to bring ID with you, otherwise it may be hard to get in.