“Amazing event space!”
Review of Zio Ristorante

Zio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Zio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,578 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 5th Ave & 6th Ave
Transit: F train, 4-5-6 train, N-R-W-Q Union Square Stop Suggested, Bus 1-2-3-4.
Description: Zio Ristorante, offers dishes influenced by flavors of the Mediterranean as well as seasonality. Lunch includes paninis and grilled pizza specialties, from a traditional Caprese, to a Crudo topped with prosciutto, stracchino cheese and arugula. Chef Max always uses the freshest ingredients and builds his menu around the seasons. Homemade pappardelle with lamb ragu & a glass of red wine will nicely round out the meal. A selection of meat and fish entrees will remain as choices as well. The dinner menu is organized by antipasti, soups/fresh salads, pizzas, pastas, as well as a tantalizing selection of meat and fish dishes. Signature dishes to start include the Riso al Salto, a crunchy saffron risotto cake, bone marrow, and gremolata sauce, to the Polipo e Panelle, a grilled octopus, with chickpea cake and chicory. The majority of our pastas are fresh made on premise. Please visit our web site for more...
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our absolute favorite Italian in NYC! My husband and I have always enjoyed meals at Zio and love to take family and friends there for special occasions. For our wedding we decided to celebrate at Zio with 100 family and friends joining us. We were THRILLED with the party- the food was superb and the service second to none! All of our guests are raving about the party and Darren Berman easily pleased everyone involved in the planning. Darren saw that every detail was covered and worked diligently throughout the event to make sure the evening flowed. What an outstanding experience! I highly recommend having your next event there!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We previously have given Zio excellent grades for general dining and happy hours for two - four guests.

The restaurant was equally as impressive in handling a group dinner of 28 in a well appointed private room.

Staff (Roberto, Darren, George and Gina) could not have been more accomodating. The appetizers, cocktails and dinner courses were outstanding and served without delay. In my experience, that combination is rare in group events.

Zio is a great place for a group event. The room comfortably seats about 36. The hospitality is real.

We enjoyed the group experience so much that we returned to the bar the following evening with 20 guests for late night snacks (pizza and meatballs) and drinks.

1  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed April 13, 2013

To start, we only went because a place down the street had a 1.5 hour wait. This place is HUGE and extremely clean, so it looks really nice. Unfortunately, an indicator should've been that it was pretty empty for a Friday night, when NYC restaurants should be full of people.

The service is really great, they're friendly and attentive. Our bread basket was taken away twice and replaced with a full one even if we hadn't finished off all the bread. Seems sort of like a waste, but they clearly are very big on service. Water was never empty, etc. Might have something to do with the lack of people.

The prices are ridiculous for the food you are getting. I ordered the gnocchi and thought it was one of the worst dishes I've ever had an Italian restaurant. There was very few in the dish itself - I could easily count how many gnocchi I had been served.

Bill for four people + 2 drinks = ~$120 which is definitely not worth it when you think about the food.

Overall, service great, ambience = great, food = bad.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Italian served by Italians. We had a great dinner with friends. The linguini was excellent. All home made pastas. Fussili and scallops had wonderful flavor. The fish was nicely done. A decent wine selection and great service.
Absolutely no complaints by me, though my wife was not impressed by the salmon meatballs. I've found it rare that these end up being very good at Any restaurant. I think it was a special and she also was taken aback by the pasta with squid ink ( can't remember what they called it ) I can understand the complaint about the size of the pizza/antipasti but flavors are great and it is NYC........
we could actually carry on a conversation as well.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Firstly, as a group of 7 people visiting the city for the day we weren't sure where around the flatiron district we would find a free table. I called Zio according to previous review on T.A and don't regret it. I booked the table an hour before hand and the receptionist was very flexible. We arrived early and had cocktails. Even on a Saturday they have happy hour, with some nice cocktails and prosecutors drinks. The waiters gave us plenty of time to study the menu and enjoy the complimentary bread basket and dipping tomato sauce. The menu is extensive and has something for everyone. It is rather expensive but the quality of the ingredients shows for it. I have the salmon pizza, which had a very thin crust , perfect for me, if you like deep dish, this is not the place for you. My friend had the lobster pasta ( a special of the day) and was raved a huge plate with full pieces of claw meat. Very impressive. My boyfriend had the ribeye , it is cut in front of you and served with a nice selection of freshly cooked veg. We did not have dessert as the portions are just enough. Te atmosphere is great and decor fitting for the kind of dishes served. Would return there, around payday (70 dollars a head 1 cocktail, pizza, glass of wine and tip)