“Friendly service, comfortable setting, wonderful food!”
Review of Zio Ristorante

Zio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Zio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,018 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 5th Ave & 6th Ave
Transit: F train, 4-5-6 train, N-R-W-Q Union Square Stop Suggested, Bus 1-2-3-4.
Description: Zio Ristorante, offers dishes influenced by flavors of the Mediterranean as well as seasonality. Lunch includes paninis and grilled pizza specialties, from a traditional Caprese, to a Crudo topped with prosciutto, stracchino cheese and arugula. Chef Max always uses the freshest ingredients and builds his menu around the seasons. Homemade pappardelle with lamb ragu & a glass of red wine will nicely round out the meal. A selection of meat and fish entrees will remain as choices as well. The dinner menu is organized by antipasti, soups/fresh salads, pizzas, pastas, as well as a tantalizing selection of meat and fish dishes. Signature dishes to start include the Riso al Salto, a crunchy saffron risotto cake, bone marrow, and gremolata sauce, to the Polipo e Panelle, a grilled octopus, with chickpea cake and chicory. The majority of our pastas are fresh made on premise. Please visit our web site for more...
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We met friends at Zio for dinner... our first time there, but certainly not our last. The first thing that strikes you about Zio is the friendly, comfortable environment. The informal spaces, the bar area and the main dining room are all well designed, warm and attractive. The food was outstanding from start to finish. The verde salad was light and fresh. The gnocchi with boar sausage ragu was outstanding... the pasta was perfectly cooked and flavorful... the boar sausage ragu was the perfect accompaniment. Pumpkin tart and cappacino provided the perfect finish to a great meal. Service was attentive and informative. We ordered a couple of the recommended dishes and were extremely happy with each one. Overall, a wonderful dinner in a friendly environment.

1  Thank Clayton2

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Where in NYC can you park right in front of a restaurant? 19th St betw 5-6 Aves allows free parking from 7 PM to 11PM so that was a big convenience and cost saver. We were cordially met at the door by one of the owners, Darren, who escorted us to a table. Later, another owner, Roberto, stopped by and chatted which made for a very pleasant personal touch. He recommended the appetizers which were different and delicious. For dinner, my wife had the lamb chops which were plentiful and some of the best chops we ever had. I had the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection and very satisfying. The homemade tiramasu was to die for. Obviously, we thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the bill was reasonable by NYC standards. I've eaten for a lot more and no where enjoyed the meal as much. Undoubtedly will be returning to Zio.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We visited this restaurant at the aperitif time and we tasted good wine and savory slices of pizza.
The restaurant is well furnished, cosy and with good music.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Third time I have been. I keep trying very hard to get genuine Italian food in Manhattan, but it's usually either a celebtrity chef or a poor attempt at real Italian food. I had a great antipasti followed by lamb costini. A great bottle of Aglianico followed by a couple of grappa di Barolo and that was a damn good dinner. Bear in mind I had been in Rome, Perugia and Gubbio the weekend before, so they had some competition for my taste buds. Flatiron district my be a little betwixt and between, but worth a taxi ride from anywhere in the city

1  Thank DanFLondon
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Went here for our wedding anniversary and we went all in ordering everything we thought it could be good on the menu. It turned out everything was amazing. Portions aren't huge but they aren't stingy either. Every single dish had it's own touch and it all tasted so fresh. My husband devoured the tuna tartar and I enjoyed the lamb pasta. We also tried the zucchini tempura filled with ricotta cheese and it was delicious.
The service was very good. Both the waiter and the busboy were very attentive and the food was brought out quickly, warm and well presented.
The waiter knew a lot about the wine list and selected a nice dry red wine for my husband.
I know this is silly but I asked for a candle on our dessert as a funny anniversary celebration and the manager in person brought out our dessert and congratulated us!
The background music wasn't too loud but I could hear some nice mix of classics and newer songs.
I loved that my husband wasn't hot and I wasn't freezing (I find that at many places they don't know how to regulate the dinning room's temperature).
I was a pleasure and we'll be going back soon. Thank you!