“Great food, atmosphere, personal experience”

Patzeria Family & Friends
Reserve with OpenTable
Patzeria Family & Friends is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 14,304 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: trains 1 or 9 broadway w50th street n,r or q broadway w49th street a.c or e w50th street 8th ave
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I specifically looked for a restaurant close to the theatre we would be attending the same evening. Very happy that I used tripadvisor to do this as we were not disappointed! The atmosphere was welcoming and cozy. The food was simple yet very flavourful! The prices were also excellent. We had a good bottle of wine (not a lot from which to choose) followed by garlic bread and the best mozzarella sticks I have had with a great marinara sauce. I was the only of the four in our party to have pizza and it was excellent. My husband loved his veal and he is quite picky. My kids enjoyed their lasagna and spaghetti as well. We finished off with cheesecake and a very friendly chat with the manager. Money very well spent! Would absolutely eat here again and again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,108)

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Found this place through tripadvisor and when I told our waiter this, the owner's sister came to our table to chat. Friendly, homey atmosphere. Standard italian fare, nothing creative but with that being said the food is excellent!!
Visited here with my two daughters after seeing "Alladin" on Broadway.
We ordered mozzarella sticks and garlic knots. Garlic knots were outstanding. Clearly home made bread with tasty sauce to accompany.
I had the rigatoni bolognese which was meaty and flavorful. Enough served to take home. My daughers had the personal pizza which they were able to make with 1/2 being pepperoni and 1/2 white pie. My other daugher had the homemade ravioli which she loved.
Desserts were homemade tiramasu, Other desserts obtained locally were rich, creamy cheesecake and chocolate cake.
with 20% tip (well deserved by our server) the bill was $105. That my friends, is great for NYC!!!
don't miss this place when you visit next.

1  Thank Danalli4
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Nice restaurant with very nice servants, really family feeling. No need for reservation, free ice water.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I read about the restaurant on trip advisor and decided to give it a try. We went for lunch and for under $10 you get an awesome lunch and deal. I had the meatball hero and it was phenomenal! It also comes with a soda and fries. More than the price the food was excellent. The staff was great and the owner was there too. Everyone was friendly and courteous.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Couldn't agree more that you are heartily greeted and invited in. I was travelling alone for work. Overhearing the bartender tell a traveler to check out a local bar where the girls hang out and ask for the big Irish guy, and "tell him Tony sent you" gives you the sense of a truly local place, like being in an episode of Cheers! My order was taken promptly, I was served bread, my wine, and then my huge and delicious lasagna portion arrived piping hot. Then I noticed my server's shift ended--he went to change and left. From there on, I was ignored, although the owner/manager was not standing far from me chatting it up at the bar and greeting other customers. Now and then he glanced at me, my plate and glass were empty, no one came for 15-20 minutes to ask me if I wanted anything else. Too bad! I was planning on dessert. I caught the attention of another server who kept walking past me and asked her for the check. I was baffled. I had two days stay in hotel next door, and wanted to try this place again, but I couldn't get past the snub. Priced reasonable, BTW.