“Classic, delicious NY pizza!”

Patzeria Family & Friends
Reserve with OpenTable
Patzeria Family & Friends is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 14,286 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: trains 1 or 9 broadway w50th street n,r or q broadway w49th street a.c or e w50th street 8th ave
Reviewed June 15, 2014

There is a reason this place receives amazing reviews, and that is because the pizza is classic and delicious. If you are looking for the best NY style pizza, look no further. Thin crust, freshly made tomato sauce, and fresh ingredients. The joint is close to Times Square, but not as crowded as you might think. Call ahead. I'll be back next time I'm in NYC.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,107)

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

If you want to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner at a restaurant that's warm, cozy, delicious, and beyond friendly, then I recommend you come to the Patzeria! My aunts and I stayed in a nearby hotel and ate here every morning and once for dinner-- every experience was better than the last! With amazing food, friendly people, and a fun atmosphere, what could get any better!?

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I don't want to ruin the rating, but our waiter truly dropped the ball on serving us. 2 other larger parties were served their food , and we had arrived 15 minutes before them. I guess myself and my son were insignificant, as we ordered garlic knots, a medium pizza, and soft drinks. The waiter also said they don't do free refills. However, the rolls were fabulous, and the dipping sauce was outstanding! The pizza was also wonderful. It was a loud, family friendly atmosphere. Loved it!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We planned on eating at Patzerias after a Wed.matinee based on the reviews on TA. Once again,my fellow members advice did not disappoint. We were greeted by bartender John and our host Gennaro. Instantly, we felt that they appreciated us choosing their restaurant. We started with a cocktail (lemon drop martini) excellent. We chose the stuffed mushroom as our appetizer which came with a mixed green salad. For dinner we shared a personal size pizza. Being from Jersey we are use to great pizza but Patzerias pizza is one, if not the best I've pizza I ever had. Our waiter, Allan, was extremely patient and informative as we were indecisive as we wanted to try everything on the menu. We chose veal Marsala with a side dish of penne with marinara sauce and it was fantastic. The pasta was done perfectly. For dessert, we ordered homemade tiramisu and cannoli.
If I could give this restaurant 10 stars I would.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Upon walking into Pazteria's we were greeted with warmth and happiness by our host Gennaro and the bartender John. Our amazing waiter Allen recommended the mushroom appetizer filled with crabmeat with a delicate salad and we gobbled that right up. The salad mixed with stuffed mushrooms was an amazing blend. I then ordered a personal 10-inch pizza and I ordered it extra well-done almost burnt and that is just the way that it came out! I am very picky when it comes to my pizza and it usually does not come out cooked the way that I like it. I have to say that it was cooked to perfection and I savored every single bite taking home what I could not finish. My mother ordered the veal marsala and she said that it was some of the tenderest veal that she has ever eaten. We then met Marie who is the owner's sister and also Lee who is one of the owners. They couldn't appreciate our visit enough! We sat and talked to everyone there for upwards of three hours and it was such a delightful evening. We were treated with white kid gloves. The service was impeccable! To top it all off dessert was out of this world! We ordered the homemade tiramisu and the canoli along with a nice strong cappuccino. What a wonderful evening it was. We were so impressed that we are returning this Saturday evening for my boyfriend's birthday. I am so looking forward to returning to some of the best homemade Italian food that I have ever had! Coming from an Italian New Jerseyean that says a lot! Also, no worries about the parking because there is a parking lot right next to the building for $20. One more thing that I have to say is that the women's restroom was spotless and that is something that says a lot about the way that the restaurant is cared for and the cleanliness of the building! We were sad that we had to leave but we can not wait to come back again. Thank you Pazteria's family and friends for making my life a little brighter!