“Absolutely delicious and such a friendly staff! Don't miss it!”

Patzeria Family & Friends
Reserve with OpenTable
Patzeria Family & Friends is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: trains 1 or 9 broadway w50th street n,r or q broadway w49th street a.c or e w50th street 8th ave
Albany, New York
“Absolutely delicious and such a friendly staff! Don't miss it!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in here for lunch as it was right next to my hotel and I had read great reviews. I wasn't disappointed. I was greeted with a smile and was so surprised when a server came running to hold the door for me when I was leaving. I ordered a personal pizza with pepperoni and meatballs and it was big enough for two people! The meatball on the pizza was just as good ad my Italian mother made. I can't wait to go back again!!

1 Thank upstatenyfan

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lakeland, Florida
“Made us feel like family”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We decided to visit Patzeria Family & Friends on our first day in NYC and we were so glad we did. The food was great and the staff was incredible, especially Maria. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to go back for their very affordable and delicious breakfast a few days later. The owner was very nice and sat down at the table next to us and made us feel like part of the family. I highly recommend visiting them if you are in the area.

1 Thank Jelliott69
Bournemouth
“You need to visit this restaurant whilst in Manhattan!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The boy and I had both visited NY on separate occasions, but he insisted that this was the best restaurant he visited whilst staying in Manhattan. I obliged, because who DOESN'T love Italian food(!?) and wasn't disappointed.

We were greeted warmly as we entered the restaurant and before we could look at ours menus, a waitress delivered some garlic bread and water to the table. We foolishly ordered starters, which was unnecessary considering how delicious the garlic bread was, leaving little room for the mains. I can't remember the name of what I ordered, but it was creamy cheese sauce with pockets of pasta and pancetta. It literally melted in my mouth.

Our drinks were refilled constantly, and there was a gentleman behind the bar who produced a hilarious laugh. Overall it was a pleasant evening, away from the loud taxis and screaming tourists.

If you can, visit at lunch time. You get the same quality meals for $9.99, including a drink!

DO NOT eat the mints though, they will ruin the wonderful taste the food leaves in your mouth.

2 Thank Deanna S
San Diego, California
“Not Just A Celebration of Food BUT A Celebration of Life”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This past week, I was in NYC for the week for business meetings and happened to find Patzeria via YELP and what a truly wonderful, memorable find!!

I caught the red-eye flight from San Diego on Monday and I wanted Italian food for dinner but I didn't want to go to a 5-star, stuffy, pretentious restaurant but a place with highly rated food and a warm, inviting environment and the photos and reviews on Yelp and the proximity to my hotel in Times Square motivated me to try Patzeria! Thank goodness!!

I walked into the restaurant, was immediately greeted by the owner, Joe, and a bellowing welcoming message of "How wa ya?!?!?!?!" from the bartender, John. Since it was just me, I just sat at the bar.

HOW GOOD WAS IT? IT WAS SO GOOD THAT I ATE EVERY DINNER AND EVERY BREAKFAST AT PATZERIA AT THE BAR DURING MY WEEK IN NYC.

FOOD QUALITY: Each dish I ate, from the home made soups, to the Cesare salad, the mixed green salad, the lasagna, the veal piccata, the pizza, the pastas, the cannoli were EXCEPTIONAL. And they offer an amazing breakfast for such a reasonable price and everything was delicious!! The French Toast and the Blueberry pancakes were tremendous!! And if you order bacon, you don't get 2-3 strips, you get a handful!

SERVICE: I sat at the bar for each meal as it was just me so my comments are unique to dining in the restaurant , however, my service was EXCEPTIONAL! John, the bartender is the heart of the entertainment and he has regulars who come in to eat and socialize. When you sit at the bar, you become part of "the family" and you get introduced to everyone as "and, . . . this is Ed from San Diego."

CUSTOMERS: One of the wonderful and warm elements of Patzeria that impressed me was the customers -- the clientele ranged from school tour groups, to new and repeat visitors from all over the world, to locals in the theater industry who come repeatedly, to just walk-ins. And what happens is you get introduced to the customers like old family friends. I met some of the most wonderful and friendly and interesting people during my dinners.

I would describe dining at Patzeria as a "CELEBRATION OF LIFE" -- great food and wine, great staff, great customers and owners. Dining at Patzeria is like dining with your closest family and best friends. To the owners, Joe and Lee, to Maria and John, Katie, Julie, Marco and Tony, . . . . . . . .thank you for celebrating life with me!!

I'll be back on every trip to NY that brings me to Times Square.

Erkrath, Germany
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We had a reservation, which I would recommend on Saturday at 7 pm. It was rainy that day, and nearly everybody wanted to go there I thought, because there was a long line. After nearly 5 minutes we were asked whether we had a reservation, and 1-2-3 we had a table, small but ok. The drinks were served quickly, we shared some stuffed mushrooms (the stuff's taste was not clearly that of crabmeat as outlined) my daughter had a pizza calzone which was full of mozarella, and I got some noodles. The quality of the food was ok, compared to that what I had in Italy some weeks ago. The overall atmosphere is loud, but the service is very attentive, like in an Italian restaurant in Italy. So definitely a good suggestion, but a reservation would be a good idea. And they do already add the service gratuity to the total on the bill, but they also asked me to correct this suggestion if needed. I didn't, because we were satisfied.

Visited March 2014