“Roasted Pork Buns”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Excellent roasted pork buns CHEAP ($1.00). Employees super friendly! Got the warm buns to go, delicious!

Reviewed July 20, 2016

Found this place whilst visiting Chinatown... They serve a few dishes of Dim Sum and apparently they are famous for their Roast Pork Bun. During my stay in NYC, I came here three days in a row. We had the Prawn Rice Roll which was as good as the ones I have tasted back in Asia. They serve from 7am till 9pm. Good for a break whilst exploring Chinatown. You know they are good because majority of their customers are Chinese.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

For many Asian people baked pork buns are considered comfort food. A baked pork bun is a golden dome brushed with honey and filled with sweetened pork. Delicious hot and straight from the oven, you can enjoy baked pork buns with your favorite beverage. They go really well with coffee, actually.

Mei Li Wah Bakery is extremely popular. It's not unusual to find people in a que waiting to buy boxes of baked pork buns. In addition to baked, they have steamed pork buns and steamed chicken buns. The steamed chicken buns are particularly wonderful in the winter with a bowl of soup or broth or hot tea.

Reviewed June 17, 2016

Although not as good as Simply Bakery, this is a pretty good bakery as well. They are popular for their steamed and baked pork buns. And the bun are very tasty. The ordering process is a bit chaotic, but part of the fun.

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

I've read many reviews about delicious spots to check out in Chinatown. That's why when I found this place online I was so excited! I heard about these $1 pork and chickens buns. And I was like what? No way! So I had to go a check it out. That. Was. A. Mistake. The staff wasn't that friendly & didn't hold back. From the second we walked in the lady said "What do you want?" In a very unhappy tone. We then order the buns. And proceed to sit. As soon as we sat she yelled "Seats are for costumer only!". Well excuse me, did I not just buy $5 worth of buns and drinks? She said "if you want to sit there, then you have to tip us". Keep in mind this establishment was EMPTY! We were in shock it's not like there was a line or anything. So we just grabbed the food an left. Not to anyone's surprise the bun was nasty. It was soggy and cold. We then threw it away and accepted are losses.