“Excellent late dinner”

V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Description: From the creator of Blossom and Café Blossom, comes V-Note, an organic wine bar and vegan bistro set in an elegant, relaxed and inviting space on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. V-Note carries a vast selection of wine and beers, all of which are vegan, organic and/or bio-dynamic and in some cases even kosher, to accompany our completely vegan menu dedicated to fresh gourmet cuisine that is animal-caring. V-Note offers a rare opportunity for vegans and non-vegans alike to enjoy a great, satisfying meal paired with a carefully selected wine and/or beer. A kitchen that is open later fills a much needed niche for vegan restaurants in New York.
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was our first time trying out V-Note after having been to Blossom a few times. My sister is vegan so having various great vegan restaurants all over Manhattan is just excellent.

When we first entered the hostess was just setting up our table at a comfy corner couch. This was great for the four of us because we could all get cozy with the pillows and still be close enough to talk to everyone.

We enjoyed a couple bottles of an excellent Riesling through our dinner and it went very well with all our dishes, which were delicious. We all got something different and everything was prepared perfectly. I really enjoyed a lot of the preparations. I went with the chile rellano which was surprisingly a bit spicy. It was full of great flavors and completely filling. For dessert my girlfriend and I went with the cheesecake. For someone who can't eat cheese, my girlfriend always gets cheesecake at great vegan restaurants and the Blossom cheesecake never disappoints.

If you're on the upper east side and looking for great service, delicious food and a great selection of reasonably priced wines you should check out V-Note.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I went to V-Note for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. I find that when a place does lunch well, imagine how good dinner will be. Anyway, everyone was friendly and accommodating. They gave me a wine bottle filled with water when I asked for a glass of water. I had a lentil and root vegetable roll (in filo dough) that was delicious. My crispy tofu in Thai sauce was wonderful. It came with perfectly cooked spinach and tasty, fluffy rice. My diet and my walled didn't leave any room for dessert, although they sounded wonderful. The decor is hip and trendy. This is a great place. As a vegetarian I am on the lookout for GOOD veg/vegan restaurants. It's moderately priced. I would even recommend bringing non veggies here to check out veggie cuisine-good veggie cuisine. Wines looked good too. That's for my next visit.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I visited V-Note last night. The food was very creative and interesting vegetarian fare. There is a focus on meat substitutes. The black bean cake was too spicy for me, but my friend loved it. The pumpkin and sweet potato gnocci were delicious and unique. We shared the Waldorf salad which was very fresh with crunchy apples and the seitan Schnitzel which was AMAZING. We also had the seitan medallions with peppercorn sauce which was delicious. The mushroom lentil ravioli were the only disappointing dish. Try the chocolate fondue for two-fabulous! We totally overate! The organic wine list is extensive! We had a wonderful meal and a great evening.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

We were in New York for one week and did a vegetarian restaurant tour based on some reccomendations and a personal online research. Among all restaurants visited, we found that V-Note was the best of them all. You know when right after the first bite you know it's going to be superb? It was! We had very yummy, yet healthy apetizers, entrees and deserts and the service was also great.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I are in town for the weekend and stopped into v note after a quick search on vegetarian and vegan restaurants. The atmosphere was very relaxing with an acoustic guitar player sitting by the bar.
They were able to accommodate our arrival late Friday night (8:30) without a reservation which was really nice. We love asking the opinion of our server, what they would eat, at just about every new restaurant we go to. No one knows the menu like they do and although taste preferences can be very different, we'll try everything once! (twice if it's amazing, like at vnote)
We started off with 2 "cake" apps. 1- black eye pea cakes and 1- Cape cod cakes. Go with the black eyed pea if you only want one. I had the pistachio crusted tofu and it was amazing. I tent to stay away from too much tofu in restaurants because I eat a lot at home, and it can be bland. But not this one. Wow. The flavor was amazing and the texture just perfectly smooth and crunchy (not chewy or rubbery). The root vegetable crepe was a bit bland, but I understand why a the tofu was so flavorful.
My husband had the ravioli and raved the whole time. What the ravioli lacked in flavor, the sauce made up for. It was the perfect balance of richness and smokey.
We were too full for dessert but the table beside us ordered The chocolate peanut butter ganache and it lasted all of 2 minutes on their plate.
Go. Even if you're not vegan or vegetarian. It's just great and real food!