“Haven't even done the tour and already not impressed” 1 of 5 bubbles

All New York Fun Tours
Ranked #187 of 585 Tours in New York City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: "We give tours, not funerals". Take a tour with our wonderful guides who are Fun, Friendly, Funny, and Full of information about NYC. We offer a Triborough Tour going to Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, also we go to Coney Island, regularly, and any other place in the city where there's fun.
Sydney Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Haven't even done the tour and already not impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I bought two tix for the night tour through Living Social but when I got my vouchers the ANYFT site would not accept the code. I contacted the company and they said to give it a day and the code would then work. Still no luck so I contacted again and got the reply saying to give them the voucher no and they would do it for me. So I did and there was silence for a few days so I sent another email and got the reply that sorry they had been very busy and unfortunately the tour was not going to run on Sunday 27 April and could we do it on the 26th. By this stage I was really believing the negative reviews. Tried the site again and sure enough the Sunday still comes up as available for booking but still won't accept the voucher no even for the Saturday. By now I'm fed-up and have contacted Living Social. Unfortunately it is past the 7 days for a money refund, I'm just given credit but that's better than nothing. I should have listened to the views of other unhappy customers. I was prepared to give the company a go but they obviously don't know what they are doing.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank HelenSteady

New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“will never use again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

first they cancel without notifying why less than 24 hours before the event.
then they send an email the next day asking how the tour was!!

unbelievable.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Tamanna M
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If I could give NEGATIVE stars, I would”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I booked the trip about three weeks in advance and confirmed via email. I received a reminder email on the morning of our evening tour, Great! We went out for the day and back to the hotel to rest before going to the assigned meeting spot. Got there 25 minutes before tour time. After an hour passed we stepped into the Go New York centre to ask if we were in the right place. Met two other customers waiting for the tour. We called the number on the confirmation. Got an answering machine saying they were closed. We waited until passed 6:15pm for the 5:30pm tour still no sign of the bus.

Head back to hotel. Called the confirmation number again this time linked to a fellow apologized and asked if we would re-book for the next day. Said we would. He said we would receive a confirmation call. Well it is passed 3:30pm and no call. I guess these people like booking tours more than giving them

Places like this should not be supported.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Snickym
atlanta
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Not at all as expected from start to finish.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We were signed up for the Xmas lights tour through a local deal. We struggled to find the meeting spot - just a public street area as it turns out. Finally asked a few folks standing around looking lost like us - bingo! We were herded into an atrium ("I know the security guy"). Lots of people were saying they had not received confirmation info & so it took some time to get everyone signed up/paid for/etc......THEN there were too many for the regular tour guide (Diallo, I believe). I guess they just take as many as will pay. Not a good start. We drew the unfortunate straw of being placed with the back up guide who "jokingly" said he wouldn't be anywhere as long-winded as Diallo. Translation: he didn't say much. We were particularly looking forward to the Grand Central Station part of the tour - we finished long before the others & I tried several times to hang with the other group as he was sharing much more pertinent history. Then we again stood on the street waiting a long time for the additional bus. My husband & son made the unfortunate decision to sit on top. They said it was the coldest they had ever been in their lives - we sat in horrible traffic (not the company's fault) and made minimal progress. Folks were either jumping off early or coming down below to get warm where you could not see. We joined them. We have NEVER not tipped a tour guide - and we take tours everywhere we go - until now. Very disappointing waste of our precious NYC time. Take the 9/11 Tribute Tour instead - much more meaningful use of your time!!! Perhaps this group manages better under less hectic circumstances - but it IS a TOUR GROUP company. For what it's worth, Diallo seemed very good from what little we heard.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank doctorbubba
Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not a holiday lights tour at all...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is advertised as a tour of Holiday lights. IT WAS NOT! It was the company's standard NYC tour which they renamed to sell more tickets. Did not pass Roc Center, Bryant Park or any of the light displays. The tour was entertaining & informative but WAS NOT what it was advertised to be.

Visited December 2013