“Great”

Discovery Times Square
Ranked #172 of 1,144 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Discovery Times Square (Discovery TS) where extraordinary exhibits and unforgettable experiences come to life in our exciting, vibrant space for entertainment, learning and adventure.New York has always been something of a stage - a showcase for debuts and second acts. And so it is fitting that in the vast space that once housed The New York Times printing presses, Discovery Times Square now offers headlines of a different, but equally compelling sort.From the icy waters of the Titanic's final resting place to genius mind of Da Vinci and the riches of King Tut, Discovery is proud to celebrate the world with the world class exhibits of the new Discovery Times Square.Discovery TS also features two exclusive retail experiences — The Discovery Store featuring the latest in games, dvds and other products from the #1 nonfiction company in the world, Discovery Channel, and The New York Times Store with a wide range of exclusive items perfect for the newspaper enthusiast or history buff.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Was very interesting and an eye opener about the human body, also you aren't aloud to take photos but at the end there is a horse you can take a photo of which looks amazing.

1  Thank Becky G

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am a die hard Harry Potter fan and so is my fiance so when I saw a groupon deal I snatched it right away! Honestly speaking I felt the tickets could have been cheaper especially since you're not allowed to take photos. I was very upset by this and was very tempted to sneak some pics but my fiance encouraged me not to. Before you actually enter the exhibit they ask if you would like to purchase a head set to be able to here audio at each stop. As much as I paid for my ticket it should have been included. Your first stop is pretty cool because a select few get to put on the sorting hat and it tells you which house you go to. I was one of the lucky few! That was definitely a kodak moment and I could not capture it =(. I like that you get to go in and walk at your own pace and all the memorabilia just gave me a nostalgic feeling. Everything was very authentic but of course you could not touch anything. They also have workers standing around watching your ever move making sure you don't take any pics. Some things were hands on like pulling out the mandrakes and play quidditch and throwing a quaffel threw rings. You also get to sit in Hagrid's chair! Overall I had a great time only downfall was that I was unable to take pics but I have the memories which will last a life time.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Found tickets for a great price on Groupon. Spent a Tuesday evening after work with my boyfriend there. We were both captivated by the facts & the human exhibits themselves. Definately recommend it if you get a discount. Toured for about 1:45 minutes.

2  Thank danielledesir
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been to several exhibits at Discovery and its always very good. Overall the staff are friendly and attentive and of course the exhibits are always fun. May be a little pricey for some.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Visited this exhibition with hubby & 13 year old son on a dull Sunday afternoon. Expected long queues (as per previous negative 'reviews) but there were only a few people in front of us. Thought this might be a bad sign - but it wasn't. Just a nice crowd inside - room to spend time admiring the intricacy of the brick work yet the simplicity of the finished piece. I loved the written thoughts & explanations behind each piece - very profound yet simple truths. Do take time to read them. Yes you can take pictures (no flash tho) & no, you are not turned away if your have a bag (see previous negative reviews).There is a FREE cloak room / bag store that keeps them for you. Didn't chance the Body Works exhibition - too squeamish! Did the Shipwrecks & Pirates exhibition. It was good but not enough about Titanic !