“Coolest patio!!”

Ranked #382 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Quebec City, Canada
“Coolest patio!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went there for an afternoon snack and we ended up staying almost 3 hours. The view is amazing, the staff is great and the food is delicious.

The burger is to die for.

I recommend this place for a peaceful break.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pierre-Yves M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is just a unique place in nyc..
It is charming and latin yet as it could not et more scandinavian. Hard to imagine? Gotta stay here. The entire hotel is designed with such great taste and attention to details. It feels like sweden, but the music is bebel gilberto and you can have guacamole or have brunch with bossa nova..
The rooms are small, so this is not the family type hotel. It is perfwct for a couple who eants to explore the weekend in the city.
Staff is very polite and atttentious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Will J, Marketing & Communications at Hotel Americano, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hi Fernando,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. We are so happy you enjoyed our food and staff. It is always a great feeling to hear your guests had a joyful time at your hotel. Please come back and visit us soon.

All the best,
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I quite liked the design of the hotel and location. Many reviewers give an accurate pro & con of the style, so can likely judge for yourself whether it appeals to you. While the doorman was nice, everyone else on the staff seemed if not quite rude, then at least strongly disinterested. Combined with loud children on the 9th floor during checkin and 7am the following morning, it was not what I hoped. When looking at $500+ a night boutique hotels in NYC, there are enough choices that I don't intend to return. The children were beyond their control, but the staff was.

Most reviews compliment the staff, but a few found them borderline rude or uninterested.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hi Michael,

We are very upset to hear you did not have a good experience during your stay. We would like to thank you for your review, as it helps us narrow down where we need to improve. I assure you, your experience with our staff is not the typical. We would love it if you did stay with us in the future, so we can show you that we can be a great experience for you.

Thanks again, all the best.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Americano is a Design Hotel attracting a young and cultured target interested in art and intelligent fun rather than pure clubbing like what you find at the Ace Hotel. The surroundings offer a "slow" view on NY, starting from the High Line passing right next to the hotel. Leaving the hotel you find yourself right in the centre of the art galleries compound. You can wolk for six blocks down, and enjoy the most interesting view on contemporary art NY can offer.
As the hotel belongs to a Mexican company, it is easy to hear a nice spanish accent at the reception desk. Even if the boys and girls working there are nice and helpful, the feeling is that few of them completed their studies in the hotellerie. But it is appreciable their effort in welcoming you properly.

- Rooms
Rooms are all quite small, whether the level you choose. I have been there three times for business, and had the Queen Superior once, the King Superior twice. All the rooms are equipped with a futon, therefore if you hate sleeping few cm from the floor, this info is relevant for you. Nevertheless I always found the mattress very comfortable and the beds I slept in more than adequate to my height (I am 1,91cm or 6.3). Four big and medium-soft pillows are the standard. I have read about the bean bag chair not being comfortable. I agree with that. Sometimes design derails and becomes un functional. The toilet is nice, I would say small but well organised. The amenities reconcile yourself with a much needed zen phase after travelling for too long. The skin care company Aesop has been smartly chosen to provide a pleasant experience for the senses. Another top note is the multimedia system available in the room: an iPad is connected via airport to the room sound system, filling the space with great soft music. Ask the reception for the airport password of your room: in this way you can play music directly from your iphone.
Internet connection is free, and therefore very welcome.

- Roof
On the roof life is beautiful, especially if you happen to travel in the warm period. The openair terrace offer a mix between food and drink until late evening, then the party starts and somebody might jump in the mini swimmingpool, probably due to too much drinking.
The service here is less cheerful, maybe 'cause nightclubbers tend to be more rude then the usual hotel clients. Anyway, I havent stayed after midnight, therefore I cannot give any advice.

- Spa or Gym
Missing

- Breakfast
If you decide to stay in the hotel for breakfast, you won't be disappointed. No buffet, only menu (which is good).

- Room service
Several time I order dinner in my room. You can use the iPad and use the Americano application. You will access the a visual version of the Room menu, very useful for understanding what the food looks like and its size. All the dishes come in a bento, quite practical. You pick the menu, the drink and decide at what time you want everything to be brought at your door.
Or, in case you are not such a geek, a simple call is still authorised.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the High Line.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Will J, Marketing & Communications at Hotel Americano, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello! We would like to thank you for your wonderful detailed review of us. We are very appreciative and are so happy that this opinion is coming from someone that is a repetitive guest of ours. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Very Best,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had a lovely stay, beautiful hotel! Nice service. We had very hot weather so we cooled down at the rooftoppool which was nice. View from there is amazing. The nyc highline is around the corner and it s very easy to walk from there to meatpacking where the nice shops and restaurants are. We had a great time!

• Stayed September 2012
Will J, Marketing & Communications at Hotel Americano, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hello Marie,

Thank you for your review. It is always a sincere pleasure to hear a guest had a wonderful stay with us. We truly are grateful for your review and look forward you coming to stay with us once again. Please let me know if you plan to return, and I would love to personally set up your reservation. MDoci@hotel-americano.com.

Very Best,
Marketing & Communication
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here over Labor Day. I wanted to stay in this design hotel. It was neat, but I ended up feeling it was over-designed to the point many things were impractical. Bed on the floor is not all that comfortable to get in and out. I found the sheets to barely cover the mattress so that they would constantly slip off. The room was small, but so are most of New York hotel rooms. The bathroom was a cool design, but again impractical. The sink was so small so that my partner's hand was larger than the sink. The shelf area to hold your toiletries was maybe about 2.5 inches wide so that placing things on it was difficult. Toiletries provided were nice. Aesop. They were generous with those. The lighting in the bathroom was poor. I enjoyed the glassed wall open into the room. Lighting in the room in general was hard to figure out. Many switches, but unclear which one works what device. Just a minor annoyance. I loved the restaurant and we had package that included breakfast which I thought was very generous in what it offered and fun!!! Good food. Service tended to be nice. Rooftop was OK. The pool is very small and more of a plunge pool. This area can be crowded. View out of our room was boring. We were on a high floor, but facing south. Would recommend north view. Neighborhood is OK. Hotel is a little out of the way which I did not mind. It is right around the corner of the High Line Park and this was great! Fun to walk towards downtown that way. When I re-read my comments, I really want to give this property more of a 3.5 rating.

Room Tip: North facing rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danielswiss64
Hello Daniel,

We would first like to thank you for your review. We are always open to our guests critiques, and we look to it as a way of always improving. We are a boutique Design Hotel, but we are not every taste. We are sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay with us, but we hope you will give us another shot and we would love to make your next stay a much more pleasant one. Please feel free to contact me directly and I would love to set up your reservation, MDoci@hotel-americano.com.

Thank you again for your review.

Best,
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place is a joke right? The front desk staff is ridiculous. They are clueless and rude.The room: where to start, a bed on the floor and a bean bag chair? thats about it. The wort hotel room I have ever seen. Silly, uncomfortable is an understatement.
The bar upstairs is super, of course ruined by the awful service.
NYC has so many options for cool. hip spots, Do yourself a favor and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank jeffnwoody
Will J, Marketing & Communications at Hotel Americano, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Jeff,

We are truly sorry you did not enjoy your time at Hotel Americano. We try our best to comply to our guests needs, and it is very sad to hear that you did not feel satisfied with your stay. We are thankful for your review, as it will help us assess issues more clearly. We take service very seriously, and we pride ourselves in having an excellent and knowledgeable staff. We hope you will return to Hotel Americano in the near future, so we may have a second chance with you. Please feel free to contact me and I would love to take care of your reservation mdoci@hotel-americano.com

Thank you once again!