Hotel 48LEX New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
New York Marriott East Side(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Oakwood Cosmopolitan(New York City)
  • Room Service
Roger Smith Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
W New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
The Bernic Hotel(New York City)
1,637 results
All reviewssecond floor loungecorner suitenew yorkwine and cheese hourfloor to ceiling windowsboutique hotellarge showergrand hyattcoffee machinemini bargrand central stationlounge areabeautiful roomsmall hotelmidtown manhattanstreet noisedefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Enjoyable stay. Nice hotel with modern rooms.

At check in, desk attendants were more than happy to work with us about rooms, floors, etc. went with their suggestion, and it was great.

Only downside to stay was concierge. She was located in lounge on second floor and seemed disengaged. Had to query her several times before response. Ended up making restaurant reservations on our own.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Bill L,

I am disappointed to hear you weren't satisfied with our concierge. This is not a common practice with our team and for that I am truly apologetic.

I am glad to hear you had wonderful interactions with our team!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

All the best,

Rob

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Being a regular guest of Hyatt hotels and a Hyatt Platinum Elite member, the Hyatt 48Lex is more reminiscent of Hyatt’s Andaz chain than a typical Hyatt, Hyatt Regency or Grand Hyatt hotel. For me, this isn’t a bad thing. In fact, I think this is one of the advantages of staying at the 48Lex (besides its great location).

Check-in is quick in the small, ground floor lobby. The lobby is also very “Andaz” like and I was informed that they will be switching to iPads (just like all the Andaz properties), for guest check-in/check-out shortly. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

On the second floor there’s a nice, casual lounge where you can order drinks, snacks, sandwiches and complimentary continental breakfast and late afternoon snacks. They also have a great cappuccino machine that’s available 24 hrs. a day at no charge.

If you’re looking for a full service restaurant, the Lexington Brass restaurant is located on the ground floor in the front of the hotel. It has a full bar and is open late. It’s also where you have breakfast if it’s included as part of your rate. Good food and service, nice atmosphere and creative dishes.

The rooms (also very Andaz like), are modern and very comfortable. While on the smaller side, there was more than enough room for 2 people without ever feeling cramped.

One of the hotels best features is its location and proximity to everything in mid-town Manhattan. It’s a short walk to Radio City, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, 5th Ave. shopping, Central Park, Grand Central Station and dozens of some of the best restaurants in NYC. You couldn’t ask for a better location. And since the room rates seem to be consistently lower than that of other Hyatt’s in NYC, I will certainly be coming back to the Hyatt 48Lex on my future trips to NYC.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter than those lower and closer to street traffic
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HeyMan76

Dear HeyMan76,

We appreciate the awesome feedback and five star review! I can't wait to celebrate your kind remarks with the hotel team!

Thanks,

Rob

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was met on the sidewalk by friendly staff who brought in my bags, checked me in and escorted me to the second floor club room while I waited for my room. The rooms are large, great windows floor to ceiling providing sun light and marvelous view of street life below. Very quiet for being in heart of NYC. Exceptional security with room key required to go from lobby to any of the floors above.
Rooms have great bar stocked with wine and liqueur. Lots of electrical outlets, great bed and pillows. Would have liked better water pressure in shower, but not bad.
Service throughout was professional friendly and helpful. Will be putting this on my go-to list of NYC hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Soonkeum,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your most recent stay at Hyatt 48 Lex. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities. You should make sure to check out our lounge on the second floor on your next visit!

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Nicest... friendliest... most helpful staff I have ever encountered. Offered upgrade (free) at check in (which was early by the way).... rooms were clean (albeit a little small)... but cant say enough good things about the staff. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric J

Thank you so much for the five star review, Eric J! Our team works exceptionally hard to ensure that every guests stay is memorable. I cannot wait to celebrate your wonderful review and kind comments with everyone!

Please visit us again soon,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was a pleasant surprise for one transit night in Manhattan. The hotel is very close to the UN building, Grand Central Station, and all the shopping area around 5th, Park and Madison avenues. I was upgraded to a suite at the 21st floor, which was great at the corner of the building with a lovely view on the East river. There is a lounge area at the second floor where complimentary breakfast is provided (and also cheese and wine in the evening, but I didn’t have the chance to taste it). This seems like a great option for the price, given that anything in the area below 200 dollars involves a shared bathroom! Last but not least staff was very helpful and polite. I will definitely be back and I think it’s a great price/quality ratio.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear LadyAbroad,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt 48 Lex for your stayover in NYC! Not to worry, no shared bathrooms here :)

All the best,