“Brand New”

Hotel 48LEX New York
Ranked #62 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I work a few blocks from hotel, and generally stay where ever I can get the best rates. I will add Hyatt 48th to my list, all the reviewers have it correct it’s a nice new hotel and the service is commendable. The turndown was a surprising nice touch, I will come here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank itbetterbeclean
Brian T, Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

itbetterbeclean-

Thank you for your business, please reach out to me directly the next time you plan on staying with us.

Regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I'm just back from my second stay at the Hyatt 48 Lex and have to give it a 5 star rating. The staff is wonderful (kudos to Ebony at the front desk), beds are very comfortable and the rooms are amazingly quiet, and there are very nice amenities in the room. After an early checkin, I went to my meeting and came back to find a nice surprise -- complimentary bottle of wine, fruit and nuts! A lovely touch. My only disappointment is that I just stayed one night!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank na07950

Thank you for all your kind words! We strive everyday to provide all our patrons with the best possible experience. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just returned from a week in NY staying at Hyatt 48 Lex which couldn't be faulted. This modern, relatively small,conveniently situated hotel, very close to Central Station, is a great choice for anyone wanting to explore NY. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable and always ready to help. The rooms were immaculate, very well appointed and equipped (never had a dishwasher before!)although ,we would have found a kettle more convenient than a microwave. Hot drinks were available 24hrs a day in the pleasant 1st floor lounge where complimentary light breakfast, afternoon cake and evening cheese and biscuits were also provided.
All in all we were delighted to have made this choice of hotel for a first visit to NY and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger but we had one of the smaller ones but this was absolutely fine for two frie...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank faxEvesham

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay with us, we are very pleased to hear that you were delighted to have made this choice of hotel for a first visit to NY and would recommend it to anyone.

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff was very friendly and willing to please. It is also very convenient if your activities are in midtown NYC. We asked for an upgrade and received it and the room was very nice and elegant.

The negatives were that the there was a slight odor in the lobby and mentioned it to the staff and they took care of it right away. I also noticed that the elevator's, which were very slow, floors were dirty and unattended throughout the morning, but I didn't say anything as I thought it was obvious and would have been taken care of quickly. The room was beautiful, but the shower control in the bathroom (no tub) was placed at slightly above knee level and was not the easiest shower control to figure out. They did such a nice job with the room, I don't understand why it was so low and very difficult to operate, which made it frustrating. The only other thing was that there was no spare roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. We refused room cleaning service one day and ran out and had to call.

I would go again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank XEMO
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visit New York several times a year and have stayed in a variety of hotels - Westin's, W, Marriotts, The Warwick, etc, etc. But I must say that my stay at the Hyatt 48 has been my favorite so far. I wasn't expecting this at all! I recently became a Hyatt Platinum member and as a yearly gift you get to stay in any category 4 hotel for free. I needed to go to New York for one night so I figured I would find a category 4 hotel in NYC and stay there. I found the Hyatt 48 Lex on the website and thought "it can't be too nice since I am staying for free". Boy was I wrong. As soon as I walked in the door there was a very nice gentleman waiting to greet me. He grabbed our bags and immediately starting checking us in (even though check-in was not for several more hours). He was so thorough and helpful offering maps of the city, explaining where the gym was and told me about their second floor lobby. He also explained I would need to use my key in the elevator to access my room which made me feel very safe. We made our way to the room and it was spotless. Everything was so modern and clean looking. On the TV screen it actually said "welcome (my name)". In a funny way it made me feel special. They do a great job of doing that actually. They also emailed me personally during my stay to encourage me to call if I needed anything at all while I was there. The beds were extremely comfortable with amazing linens. We called up for an extra blanket and they immediately brought a down blanket. There is a wardrobe and closet so there is plenty of space to put clothes if you were staying several nights. There is also a dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator and mini bar. What more could you want?! I also enjoyed that you could open a window if you wanted fresh air. That has never been an option at a y other NYC hotel I have stayed in. When we left to go to the theatre that night housekeeping came and straightened up. I'm used to housekeeping coming in the morning but not evening as well. They really do have spectacular customer service.Personally it is a little too far for my taste to walk to Times Square/Theatre district and I thought I would regret the hotel choice because of that but I was wrong. It is only a $10 taxi ride away and the level of customer service and cleanliness makes it worth that drive. I never ever thought I would say that!! I would absolutely stay here again the next time I am in NYC. Oh and I almost forgot, the second floor lobby is adorable. It has a computer workstation, couches, complimentary hot chocolate, coffee, breakfast, etc. I can not suggest this hotel enough- I suggest the Hyatt credit card as well. I love the free nights I accrue!! Stayed at the Hyatt in Paris for two nights for FREE (typically $1000+ a night)!! Hyatt is a great company all around and the Hyatt 48 Lex doesn't fail to meet those high standards.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Itscassie
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel is a great new addition to the accomodation options near Lexington and 48th.
I used to stay at the W which is right next door and hated it bc the rooms there are dark and small.
So, I decided to try something new during my last business trip and was blown away by the style, atmosphere and service quality of the Hyatt 48 Lex. I stayed there for four nights and was upgraded to a corner suite, which had a separate bedroom, living room (with a sofa, armchair and working desk) and even a kitchenette. I am not a fan of 'plush' hotels so the clean, modern, almost minimalist interior design with its subtle colours (lots of greyand off white) was perfect for me.
The bed and bathroom were flawless in terms of comfort and cleanliness. Two small glitches: early in the morning (6am) it took the shower 5 min to heat up (no problem later in the morning) and one day, they forgot the bathroom floor mat. Other than that, everything was perfect.

Staff are wonderful. Everyone I met was extremly friendly and customer-oriented. On the second day of my stay, the receptionist who had done my check in greeted me by name when I walked into the hallway - isn't that amazing?

But the best thing was the little lounge on the second floor! In the morning, there is a small breakfast buffet available for free, including fruit, pastries, tea, juices and coffee (they have a very nice coffee machine that produces latte macchiato, cappucino, and hot chocolate. During the day, there are small snacks available to grab, and in the early afternoon they offer wines and snacks - all for free. I loved the atmosphere, sitting in a comfy lounge chair, sipping my latte, reading the NY Times, listening to the subtle, jazzy background music and watching other guests.

To me, this place is a perfect alternative to the established hotel chains in this area because of its differentiating look and feel (modern yet warm) and its genuinely nice staff. I will for sure return there when in NYC next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank LadyBergfex
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our Company had been to the Hyatt last year for meetings in the neighborhood and were happy with the rooms and service given the star rating and price. Since then we've been back once and experienced several unfortunate events: rooms not cleaned, dust, limited amenities stocked in the rooms, slow elevators. Although the staff seemed helpful and responsive to our calls - not much happened after the phone was hung up.

Unfortunately we most likely won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing 48th street are roomier and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business