“#1 Hotel in NYC Property and Staff”

Hotel 48LEX New York
Ranked #71 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“#1 Hotel in NYC Property and Staff”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I would like to express my appreciation to Mark Wagner and his entire staff at the Hyatt 48Lex! For anyone who goes to NYC for business or pleasure should experience this property. Being a business traveler you come to expect a certain quality when your moving around the country so much. The Hyatt 48Lex goes above and beyond in every level! I have been a loyal Hyatt fan for over 10 years. The restaurant Lexington Brass is amazing for anytime of the day. I enjoy having clients meet me at the restaurant as well. And introduced a number of locals to the Lexington Brass. If anyone is planning a trip to NYC please don't miss the Hyatt 48Lex with it's impeccable service, quality and location. You will be so happy you found this destination!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner king suite!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Duane T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Jamesburg, New Jersey
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hyatt on Lex and found the Hotel very convenient to NYC attractions. The only criticism was the lack of a shaving make-up mirror. I find this to be an important inexpensive feature, much more important than a dishwasher in the room. Thanks for a most comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank out2eat2
Brian T, Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Your welcome and thanks for staying with us.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed in the Hyatt Andaz property down on Wall Street, and I thought that was really nice. I liked the 48 Lex a bit better, though. It isn't quite as upscale as the Andaz, but I thought the hotel was an incredible value. Our room was very spacious, and the bathroom was especially large. (Word of caution - this hotel is a bit like the Andaz in that the bathrooms don't afford a ton of privacy. This is a great place to stay with a partner, but I'd not want to share a room with someone I don't know well. The bathroom door slides closed, and it is translucent glass. You can't see into the bathroom, but it still isn't especially private.) The beds are very comfortable - great sheets and pillows. The shower in our room was great, too. The room has a refrigerator/mini-bar, a microwave, and a very nice selection of half bottles of wine that weren't outrageously priced. The room also comes with an alarm/radio/i-pod player, which is a nice touch.

The location of the hotel is terrific. You are just a few blocks from the 51st street subway station which allows you access to several of the subway lines. There are a handful of restaurants in the neighborhood, but since it is Midtown things can be very overpriced. But, the location of the hotel makes it really easy to get to other neighborhoods in Manhattan. If you are taking a day trip out of the city, then Grand Central is just down the street.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, though everything ran so smoothly we really didn't have to interact with the staff all that much. I'd be eager to stay at this property on my next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1601, and I suspect that the "01" rooms might have the worst view of any...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tribe1920
Chicago area
Reviewed March 7, 2013

If you are staying in New York on business, this is the place. Close to everything (see other reviews), and so very accommodating! The staff obviously loves to work there, even the maintenance workers. The concierge, Laura from Barcelona, was fantastic, setting me up for a night out of the room. The small gym had everything I needed to boot! I generally don't like "rain" showerheads, but this one was adjustable and great!

Room Tip: I was off in a corner (an '01) room, and loved it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank traveling4family
Thanks for your 5 Star post!

BT
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I can't imagine staying anywhere else! We are so spoiled. The rooms are very well appointed and the personal attention is amazing. To the concierge who scored us Book of Mormon tickets and arranged for flowers for a special occasion, to the front desk who arranged a car to take us to the airport ... all while knowing us by name.

Love, Love, LOVE this hotel. The lounge is awesome - love the sparkling water and espresso machines on demand.

And we tried out Lexington Brass - holy cow! Awesome food. I'll leave a separate detailed review.

This hotel rocks. Great location, service, cleanliness, amenities ... did I mention service?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Patricia W
We appreciate your comments, and we hope you don’t stay anywhere else but the Hyatt 48 while you are in the New York area.

All the best,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This time last week I was getting spoilt rotten at the Hyatt 48 Lex not by my fella who's 50th we were celebrating but by the wonderful staff ( Carlos,Tommy,Hose,Brian to name a few ) who were more than attentive to our every need nothing was to much trouble they certainly went that extra mile, they did everything but tuck us in of a night now thats what I call service, our room 2004 a corner suite was great, talk about a room with a view if there was Oscars for hotels the Hyatt 48 Lex would be nominated, may I take this opportunity to say a BIG thank you to Brian Twomey and his brilliant team for making my fella's 50th a birthday to remember hopefully we will be back before his 60th.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Eileen C
Thanks for the shout out! Hope you come back again soon!

By the way, Tell your Fella - Happy 50th From the Hyatt 48 Lex!

london, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here early February and it was fantastic. Rooms are lovely, staff were very helpful and room was cleaned twice a day. Location is very good for Times Square, Central Park and Fifth Avenue. We eat in the restaurant and the food was very good. Although I have to say if you stay here you have to try a little Indian Restaurant called Amma just around the corner on 51st Street. Its amazing. We would def come back to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HonestOpinion1302
Couldnt have said it better myself - Fantastic. Thats what we strive for.

Hope you stay with us again soon.

BT