“Delicious and Awesome!”

Ranked #372 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I never thought I would end up dining at a vegan restaurant, but this place is awesome. The Kale Salad is one of the best I've had anywhere. And they make great smoothies as well. Nice atmosphere for friends and family on the Upper West Side in Manhattan. Service is a little on the slow side, but definitely worth the wait.

There are newer reviews for Peacefood Cafe

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great, casual but crisp, clean atmosphere. Food menu is more varied than it looked at first. Went to 5 vegan restaurants and this actually turned out to be my personal favorite. Food came steaming hot to the table! They've got fresh juice and salads, and then hot comfort foods, such as PFC Un-chicken fingers, hot chickpea fries (get both aiolis). Loved it all.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We visited this cafe after reading a review in our tour guide. My wife is vegetarian so we decided this would be perfect.

We arrived at around 2pm, hoping to miss the lunchtime rush. No such luck. It was very busy and we had to wait for 20 minutes for a table but it was worth the wait.

I am a meat eater and like nothing better than a steak but I have to say it was probably the nicest meal we had whilst we were in the States. I had the raw lasagne - something which I was quite nervous about trying but it was incredible. My wife had the avocado sandwich which was so filling she couldn't finish it. Big portions but not overfacing like a lot of meals we found in America. The drinks choices were incredible too with some very unusual options.

We then made room for dessert because they looked too good whilst we were waiting for our table. I had a carrot cake with my wife having a cheesecake. You would not have known they were vegan.

The service was spot on and we couldn't have been more looked after. It was clear why this place was so busy with both diners and also takeaways.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Though not vegan myself, I go to many vegan restaurants because of my vegan kids. This is your typical, earthy vegan restaurant with good options and tasty food. The "chicken" fingers were good, the chickpea fries were nice, though not really fries. Very big portions, prices were reasonable.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had one day in the city... one lunch, one dinner. I'd heard about Peacefood and knew I wanted to try it, and we were so lucky that its location was on the Upper West side, so we could easily walk to Central Park, Zabars, then catch our train down to Grand Central Station. The thing that immediately struck me about this restaurant was that it's not just a bunch of mock-meat products. Its menu has really innovative ways of serving delicious, balanced plates full of flavor. My boyfriend had the Other Cesar salad and I had the Roasted Japanese pumpkin sandwich. Seriously, this sammie kicked butt. It was so delicious, I think about it all the time and how I might recreate it here at home in L.A.! Along with the tasty smashed pumpkin, it was layered with caramelized onions, walnut puree and cashew cheese. Just so unusual and absolutely blissful on the palate. There were so many things on the menu that I wanted to try, but we had to keep it light since we had dinner reservations later that night. Their impressive pastry case would rival any conventional bakery and I did take a cheese and herb scone to go, which we ate two days later on the West Coast. So good! We NEED one of these places in L.A. it just makes sense. Whenever I visit NY I will always make an effort to make my way back to Peacefood, it's just that good.

1  Thank JenofLA