“Healthy vegan”

Ranked #138 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had brunch on Easter at Peacefood Cafe. The lunch menu was not available till 11am, so the waitress was kind enough to serve us drinks till then. We ordered the popular items on the menu, fluffy quinqua salad, seiton medallion pannini, Japanese squash sandwich, seasonal veggie pizza, dumplings, and chickpea fries. Everything was very good except the Japanese sandwich. Our family is not vegan, although my daughter is vegetarian, the food was good and satisfying. It was a bit on the pricey side considering what we ordered. For example, the pizza was a personal size pizza $13. And cheese (made from tapioca and arrowroot starch) was an additional $3.50, so the pizza cost 16.50. Summary of our visit, I am glad we tried Peacefood Cafe, we felt really good after we ate full, but not stuffed. Now I have a few recipes to try to make at home.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were in New York visiting our daughter (who is vegan) and headed off to the Peacefood Cafe for lunch - and what a lunch too! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the food was just out of this world. Everything was freshly prepared and served straight away. Can I suggest that you try the dumplings and the raw pizza - I had the sushi which was about the best I have had.
Actually my daughter said that it was the best vegan food that she had ever eaten (and she's eaten at a lot of places here in the UK too).
I must agree, we all loved the cafe, it's ambience and buzz were yet another oasis away from the crowds.
We also bought some cookies which we had a bit later in the day - yum!
We would all recommend the Peacefood Cafe - even if you aren't vegan.
Thanks to all the staff. We would certainly return!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food here is unique with some nice vegetarian and vegan options. The baked goods are quite good. At the end of the day however, just because you offer a series of plates with roasted vegetables and brown rice doesn't make it excellent. Some of the food is just OK and the service can be lacking at times.

2  Thank mcap56
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Everything I've ever had here has been good or very good (except the dessert/pastry itmes which can be dry and tastless). Nothing excellent but almost everything is tasty and good comfort food for those of us who want vegan. Which is what makes it appealing. The srevice isn't always efficient and attentive (today it was especially poor)) but it's almost always friendly.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place is hip and in a great location. Make sure to try their mushroom pizza. It is very thin and so delicious. Great options of vegan deserts!