“A lingerie store to avoid”
Review of Lingerie & Company

Lingerie & Company
Ranked #198 of 843 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Lingerie & Company since 1992 This discrete almost reluctantly publicized store has been offering its customers an incredibly focused selection of bras, underwear, nightgowns, robes, hosiery and slippers. The brother and sister owners keep the store buzzing with all the best brands including Wolford, Hanro, Simone Perele, La Perla, Natori, Chantelle, Cosabella, Eberjey, On Gossamer, Hanky Panky, Donna Karan, Wacoal, Jacques Levine, Ugg, Celestine, and more!
Reviewed November 6, 2007

Have purchased things here in the past with no problem, although the women who work here are not particularly pleasant. But it is in the neighborhood, so a good place to get panty hose, shower presents, etc.
Saturday I bought a pair of thigh highs for $18 (price not the problem) to wear to a Christening on Sunday. ONe of them kept falling down--imagine how embarassing that was.
Tuesday I took them back, with the receipt, and was told by something named "Mark" on the telephone (dialed by the clerk) that they didin't give refunds, that it was like buying pantyhose and bringing them back because they ripped. No said, I not like that. These fell down in church! He told me buying this type of item was a "hit or miss thing" and that there are no guarantees.
Some great customer service for a store that depends on the good will of its neighbors, cause its nothing special.

4  Thank devoNewYorkCity

A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed June 26, 2006

I was visiting my boyfriend in NYC and realized that i needed a new nightgown when I got there. He lives on Fifth & 74th so I ended wandering over to Third Avenue and found this incredible lingerie shop. Not only did I buy a gorgeous gown from a company called Celestine, but I also ended up buying a ton of stuff from Cosabella, Hanro, La Perla, Le Mystere and a brand I had never heard of named Clos. What i can tell you is this, even though I live in Boston I still call this store to order all of my everyday underwear (like Hanky Panky thongs). The selection was great and the salesperson who helped me was totally nice...not pushy & well educated.

Caroline