Tripadvisor

from $95.00
from $64.00
from $69.00
25,489 results
All reviews blue whale dark universe hayden planetarium t rex dinosaur bones suggested price great exhibits general admission rainy day suggested donation new york on display central park animals dioramas amnh minerals
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

The museum is very interesting and complete. I particularly enjoyed the top floor with the fossils of dinosaurs and early mammals. This section is set up very well. Seriously interesting. I did not care for the African Mammals. This exhibit gave me the sad feeling like we were looking at already extinct animals, like a dead zoo. I would say skip this part! Instead spend time elsewhere like the geography section.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

I love museums that don't go over the top with tech and keep it traditional. I just love the fact this is very much like the Natural History Museum in London. The displays are well presented and with very good descriptions. The layout is quite easy. The shops are decently priced.
There is taxidermy at this museum. The entrance fee isnt fixed, so you can pay as a donation. Although we did feel a bit cheap doing so. Although, if you want to see special exhibitions you will have to upgrade you ticket AND pay the difference on your admission.
I loved this museum but I do think the Met is better. I would visit it again though.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

T-rex exhibit was every educational for the children. The planetarium a must see. We ended up becoming members which made our visit less expensive and included all the extra exhibitions.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

This museum was amazing. There were all types of things to see for all ages. From ancient civilizations to dinosaurs, they had it all. The well-known dioramas were fantastic and they look as if they were real. I wish I had more time there as there was so much I didn’t get to see nearly half of what was there. Highly recommend! Just a warning it’s very unlikely you’ll be able to cover the whole museum in a day so pick the areas that interest you the most!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2020

My friend and I enjoyed walking various sections of the museum. It's best to spend all day to explore the museum or pick a couple sections if you have limited time. There's a lot to see! We enjoyed looking for the exhibits that were part of the movie "A Night at the Museum" and going through the T-rex special exhibit. Tons of fun!