American Museum of Natural History

New York CityPASS
1,178 Reviews
from $126.00
11,333 results
All reviews blue whale hayden planetarium dark universe dinosaur bones t rex suggested price rainy day general admission great exhibits suggested donation new york on display central park animals dioramas amnh minerals
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My husband was so excited to visit this museum! We were seriously disappointed to discover that some of the best exhibits and spaces, including Theodore Roosevelt hall, were closed for one reason or another. In some cases, closures were due to private events during regular museum hours. We found this to be very disappointing. We paid full price to get into the museum, so we expected to be able to see everything we had come for.

Also, several parts of the museum are quite outdated and in need of updating and TLC.

We recommend the Museum of Modern Art and/or the Metropolitan Museum of Art instead!

Reviewed yesterday

Its huge, takes more then a day to see all exhibitions. I didn't like most of them, but there were two major, very intresting parts we liked a lot.
That was the experience of our solar system, with movie, anymation and planetarium show and the dino collection. Both were very impressive. Go there and then go somewhere else, as NYC has a lot to offer!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My husband and I visited this museum on a recent trip to New York. The American History Museum is a large Museum with several different areas of interest. We were extremely impressed with the dinosaur floor. Room after room of dinosaur bones, skelton structures and loads of interactive information. If you are a dinosaur lover you will definitely want to make it a priority to visit this musuem! Although we thoroughly enjoyed the dinosaur floor, we did not find the other areas very interesting and moved quickly through them. The gift shop was large and very reasonably priced. We found several souvineers to bring home to our children. I would reccomend this Museum if you enjoy dinosaurs but if you only have time for one Museum while in N.Y. I would reccomend the MET. We found that museum to be overwhelmingly our favorite!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

The only reason I gave 4 star is because it didn't remind you the amount of time you need to spend to take a good look. Very informative and interesting museum. It closed at 5:45pm on the day we visited and arrived at 4pm, and we only managed to see maybe 75% we feel we needed about 3 hours to take a detailed and good look. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Whenever I return to NYC I always stop here the first chance I get. AMNH's huge collections and well curated exhibits are always a pleasure. I can easily spend a day here every time I visit and not come close to seeing everything. Its an absolute must visit for any NYC trip.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Loads of families were having a wonderful time on a Sunday afternoon, but in truth we found it less impressive than its London equivalent (not to mention the fabulous old place in St Petersburg).

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Lovely museum to visit very large but so much to look at for adults and children a good price for the time you are there

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Great experience and the dark universe experience was breathtaking. You could spend so many hours in this venue. One exhibition was closed for maintenance. I could of spent a day here and will be back again soon.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We had a 10-hour layover in New York City. It was an amazing idea to go to the museum. We arrived before the opening time. The line gets bigger and bigger!! Scary big!! we were crushed to the door. not really a nice experience. but we made it inside.

We decided to go to the Dinosaur area first!! IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!

So many types, different sizes, periods, bones put together or in a wall. Amazing!!!

We almost didn't have time to see the other animals, my son was so enthusiastic about the bones and after that, he was excited with the planetarium!! So I didn't have time to see it all.

My son loved the planetarium!!. He could understand, follow the presentation and travel with the projections.

Food, not good and too crowded. Should have more than one cafeteria area.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We could have easily spent 2 or 3 days in this museum, lots of interesting things and the Dinosaur exhibit was incredible and huge.