American Museum of Natural History

from $22.99
from $120.00
from $69.00
11,341 results
All reviews blue whale hayden planetarium dark universe dinosaur bones t rex suggested price rainy day general admission great exhibits suggested donation new york on display central park animals dioramas amnh minerals
Reviewed today

Well laid out and excellent exhibits. Walking tours are available or you can go on your own. We spent most of the day here,

Reviewed yesterday

Spent a lot of time in the museum. The exibits were wonderful. paid extra to see the butterfly conservatory and it was worth every penny.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Several exhibits were closed for refurbishment, including the big dinos, but we still had an amazing time at this enormous museum. Some exhibits had peeling wallpaper and missing floor tiles, but the exhibits themselves are astonishing and beautiful. Some are clever and funny. We loved the Asian section, all the animals, and the Pacific section. The Mexican and Americas was also fantastic. The biodiversity exhibit was truly beautifully presented. My kids, 11 and 16, went nuts for this awesome museum. Watching how much they loved it made me so happy.

Interestingly, the dinosaur part that was open wasn’t our favorite, but I’d say the huge diversity of content has something for everyone. Gems and minerals was also closed, and I would have liked to see that! A great reason to come back.

Reviewed yesterday

My husband and I got lost apart at one point because we were so caught up in the exhibits. This place is truly one of the greatest visits in the city.

1  Thank Victoria S
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Perhaps I was prejudging and expecting something out of the A Night At The Museum - but I must admit we found the museum a little tired and underwhelming and a poor second to some others we saw. The dinosaur exhibition was good though.

1  Thank normanp311
Reviewed yesterday

As a New Yorker the last time I visited was when I was 8 years old. So my wife and I decided to see what exciting things they changed. We were not disappointed. The place is huge so accommodate some time to visit the exhibits. The best two things for us was the Dark Universe and the Backyard Wilderness 3D movie. Those two movies was so enlightening. Gave us a sense of purpose of our existence in this world. That was truly amazing!!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Spent a good afternoon there. Everything is expensive in nyc but this is good value. I was expecting the usual dinosaurs and stuffed animals but they had some superb sections on space, climate change and especially early human evolution including some very old skeletons. There we Leo a lot of stuff from cultures from all over the world. Very interesting place. Easy to get to via metro. I love London but thought nyc was more varied. Sadly some sections were shut

Reviewed 2 days ago

Really like the 'pay what you wish' option! Used that because we didn't want to see any of those special exhibitions and dinos was the main reason we went there. Didn't see t-rex because the room was under maintenance. We were spending there few hours but you can easily spend there a whole day. After mid day there were loads of noisy school groups.

1  Thank Tuikku71
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

My husband was so excited to visit this museum! We were seriously disappointed to discover that some of the best exhibits and spaces, including Theodore Roosevelt hall, were closed for one reason or another. In some cases, closures were due to private events during regular museum hours. We found this to be very disappointing. We paid full price to get into the museum, so we expected to be able to see everything we had come for.

Also, several parts of the museum are quite outdated and in need of updating and TLC.

We recommend the Museum of Modern Art and/or the Metropolitan Museum of Art instead!

1  Thank Amber M
Reviewed 3 days ago

Its huge, takes more then a day to see all exhibitions. I didn't like most of them, but there were two major, very intresting parts we liked a lot.
That was the experience of our solar system, with movie, anymation and planetarium show and the dino collection. Both were very impressive. Go there and then go somewhere else, as NYC has a lot to offer!