American Museum of Natural History

from $48.00
from $69.00
from $399.00
11,327 results
All reviews blue whale hayden planetarium dark universe dinosaur bones t rex suggested price rainy day general admission great exhibits suggested donation new york on display central park animals dioramas amnh minerals
Reviewed today via mobile

Lovely museum to visit very large but so much to look at for adults and children a good price for the time you are there

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Great experience and the dark universe experience was breathtaking. You could spend so many hours in this venue. One exhibition was closed for maintenance. I could of spent a day here and will be back again soon.

Reviewed yesterday

We had a 10-hour layover in New York City. It was an amazing idea to go to the museum. We arrived before the opening time. The line gets bigger and bigger!! Scary big!! we were crushed to the door. not really a nice experience. but we made it inside.

We decided to go to the Dinosaur area first!! IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!

So many types, different sizes, periods, bones put together or in a wall. Amazing!!!

We almost didn't have time to see the other animals, my son was so enthusiastic about the bones and after that, he was excited with the planetarium!! So I didn't have time to see it all.

My son loved the planetarium!!. He could understand, follow the presentation and travel with the projections.

Food, not good and too crowded. Should have more than one cafeteria area.

Reviewed yesterday

We could have easily spent 2 or 3 days in this museum, lots of interesting things and the Dinosaur exhibit was incredible and huge.

Reviewed 2 days ago

I think, my teenage girls normally love museums, but were not so much into this one. There were some interesting exhibits, but a lot of the displays seem very outdated and they just felt for the poor animals that were killed and stuffed for the purpose to be exhibited here.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Big museum! Perfect to go with family. Great dinosaurs area. Like 2-3 hours to know all the museum. Recommended.

Reviewed 2 days ago

There are so many museums in New York and when you only have a week you have to make choices. This was the museum that everyone in our group wanted to see. It had been recommended by friends. We had the perfect day to be inside - it was raining. We bought our tickets and had the same time for the planetarium and senses exhibit. They we separated to explore different areas. This museum had something for everyone. We were a group of adults but I think it would be great to do with kids.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

This is an amazing museum in every way. The displays are wonderful , lots of information, large areas so people move through it well . I went on a Saturday and arrived late morning and it was very busy, but the ticket booths worked well and atmosphere was great, no one pushing. I really enjoyed my visit

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I remember coming here for the first time when i was a little girl..I was captivated. I love the dinosaurs and the hayden planetarium the best.. Super cool.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Having ordered a ticket (voucher) through TripAdvisor then proceeded to take a lovely walk to the museum. Upon arrival navigated security queue. Went to prepaid ticket queue, was told to queue over there. Asked staff where to queue, was told quite rudely, queue there. Queued again. At the end, was then told, no wrong queue. You don't have a book. Nothing was explained, was told.to requeue at the original, and rudely told to move. Went back to queue, no response, no help, asked to move. So, all in all, terrible customer service, an awful experience and missed out on a potentially fantastic landmark. So, don't buy TripAdvisor vouchers, are useless, don't expect friendly service and don't expect punctuality or organisation. I'll never visit again.