“Best Thai ever”

Ranked #25 of 13,687 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: PURE Thai Cookhouse is a genuine Thai shophouse-style restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen that features homemade noodles from a prized family recipe. PURE specializes in signature dishes you would find from the many vendors and shophouses from the farmlands of Phayao, in the North to the floating markets of Ratchaburi in Central Thailand, to the oceans and fishing villages of Krabi in the South.
NJ
“Best Thai ever”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Let me start by saying that my first introduction to Thai food was 1981. Home cooking by friends who were transplants from Chiang Mai and Bangkok to my home town. I have searched for food THAT well prepared and authentic in restaurants since then. Always too sweet, mild, Americanized. Pure Thai Shophouse (Chophouse) serves fresh, flavorful, not your run of the mill food in a very casual atmosphere at super prices ($7- $12 for most dishes) also beer & wine. A gem.

• Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Top”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Excellent. The best asian there i've been in NY. and i didn't pay that much for my meal. I tried some spicy calamare (medium in them rating, but really spicy!) and love it !!

North Wales
“Great Thai Food”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This place was perfect for dinner on the first day we landed in New York.

Although it was busy, our names were put down on a waiting list and we went to get a drink next door (another great place!).

We came back 30 minutes later and we were seated within minutes. Service is good and food arrives quickly.

The atmosphere is great and having been to Thailand I can say that this food is some of the most authentic Thai we've had outside the Country.

Worth the visit!

Sewell, New Jersey
“Great Thai Food”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've had good Thai and I've had bad Thai. This place has good Thai. Tiny little place in Hells Kitchen but a great selection. Service was awesome.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Mmmmmmm”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Great lunch today, with barely a wait at all. The size and dining style (shared seating) reminded me very much of dining in Thailand, and the bowl of pork noodle soup (the special of the day) was as close as I've had in the states. Meals are served with chili and fish sauce condiment trays if you want it spicier, which I really appreciated. My Thai iced coffee was a drink and dessert in one. Too bad I ate alone- in my opinion Thai food is best enjoyed family style with lots of dishes to taste and I really wanted to try the papaya salad.