“Easier than flying to Bangkok”

Pure Thai Cookhouse
Ranked #34 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: PURE Thai Cookhouse is a genuine Thai shophouse-style restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen that features homemade noodles from a prized family recipe. PURE specializes in signature dishes you would find from the many vendors and shophouses from the farmlands of Phayao, in the North to the floating markets of Ratchaburi in Central Thailand, to the oceans and fishing villages of Krabi in the South.
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in Thailand for 17 years. This is best/most authentic Thai restaurant I have experienced outside Thailand anywhere. All of the staff is Thai, many of the customers are Thai and the menu is ONLY focussed on the Thai kitchen vs Many other restaurants that often present a jumbled confusion of Americanized Asian food. Great service. Great food with authentic ingredients. This is a casual dining place.

2  Thank joelob22
There are newer reviews for Pure Thai Cookhouse

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Well priced, good food, funky feel. Better for sharing lots of small plates. Service was fantastic and attentive

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I got recommended by a friend to try this palce out and was told that its not too fancy but they like it. So we decided to give it a shot. Nothing fancy for sure which is fine as thatw as expected but I was a bit disappointed with the food. Went for lunch there and did not enjoy the food- dumpling, pad thai, tofu medley as much. I think there are definitely better places than this to go to in New York for thai food

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife likes Thai food, so we too the opportunity to go here for Thai last night. The food is very good, but even the #2 was too spicy for her. I was barely able to get through my meal as well. All I can say is that food tasted great. It was just a bit too spicy for me. Prices are good. Place is small and crowded. But when you consider all the places on 9th Ave that were empty, being crowded is a very good sign. You should definitely go here if you like Thai, just make sure you order the spice accordingly. I don't usually like small places, but something about the way this place is done up, I didn't mind so much.

1  Thank TheScottman
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Everything here from the Jungle Rice to the Chili Tumeric with Beef is perfect. It is spicier than your average american Thai restaurant, so mind that. We went with 4 kids and three adults. The kids loved the pad Thai, spring rolls and fried rice. The Adults had the Jungle Rice (FIRE), Chili Beef and Seafood special. For dessert we grabbed the Coconut Rice with Banana pudding.

I am very distraught that I live 400 miles from Pure.

1  Thank IPA_1968