“Legit Thai - Hot - Delicious in a great atmosphere!”

Pure Thai Cookhouse
Ranked #36 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: PURE Thai Cookhouse is a genuine Thai shophouse-style restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen that features homemade noodles from a prized family recipe. PURE specializes in signature dishes you would find from the many vendors and shophouses from the farmlands of Phayao, in the North to the floating markets of Ratchaburi in Central Thailand, to the oceans and fishing villages of Krabi in the South.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Everything here from the Jungle Rice to the Chili Tumeric with Beef is perfect. It is spicier than your average american Thai restaurant, so mind that. We went with 4 kids and three adults. The kids loved the pad Thai, spring rolls and fried rice. The Adults had the Jungle Rice (FIRE), Chili Beef and Seafood special. For dessert we grabbed the Coconut Rice with Banana pudding.

I am very distraught that I live 400 miles from Pure.

1  Thank IPA_1968
Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We dined in the first time we went and we got delivery the second time... We waited about half an hour when we got to the restaurant, it's almost just a hole in the wall... I wouldn't have realized I was there if it wasn't for my iPhone. We split the Braised Short Ribs for our appetizer, it was spicy, which I wasn't expecting, but it was delicious!!! My fiance had the Beef Panang Curry (their special that day) and he loved it. The meat was really tender and melts in your mouth. It comes with some veggies as well and jasmine rice. I had the Pa-Yao Beef Noodle Soup, it was probably the best soup I've had! It had Chinese Broccoli and beef, some beef balls and other meat as well. The flavours and the taste is great. When we got delivery, we ordered the Wok Chili Chicken and the Shrimp Pad Thai - the pad thai was delicious but just a tad too sweet for my liking. The Wok Chili Chicken is spicy - even mild, so if you're not the type to usually order spicy, it probably isn't the time to start. Delivery time was about an hour wait from the time we ordered, but after getting back from the Empire State Building and with all of the walking we had already done, we didn't want to have to find somewhere to eat. It was still hot and delicious. I would highly recommend this place - it was the best Thai food we'd both had.

2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were a party of eight including 4 kids, and although we had to queue up for 20 mins, it was worth the wait.

It's is a busy little restaurant, with every available space used to seat the diners.

Food is excellent, with some unusual dishes on the menu such as Frogs legs. I didn't try them, but others in our group said they were delicious. Service was quick & friendly. Prices reasonable. Would definitely return & recommend.

1  Thank SydneyWalkerb
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Let me preface by saying that if your server asks you if you want hot, med or mild, pay attention! Hot is HOT, to my wimpy taste buds anyway.

As all the reviewers here will tell you, the food is fresh, tasty and well presented.

We shared a few dishes and they were all great. They were busy, so we went across the street for empenandas and a beer and they called us when our table was ready. Very good food, I definitely recommend this place. Do be mindful of your personal spice comfort level. If in doubt, go milder and then add more at the table.

1  Thank luckiest1
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My little Thai treat that never fails. Ever. Easiest restaurant to recommend because the food is fantastic, value big, service so friendly. Try the ribs and order a bunch of starters to share.