“Good value and service for Midtown”
Review of The Comfort Diner

The Comfort Diner
Ranked #298 of 14,208 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our Concierge at Intercontinental Barclay. We eat here twice. Lovely original diner feel and great service. Menu is typical diner stuff but plentiful and not at all expensive. Good if on a budget with children in tow.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We found the Comfort Diner by accident and have eaten there several times on this trip.
This is like stepping back in time to the old style Diner, music that fits the era and wholesome comfort food in large servings that are just like home cooking.
Many of the New York Diners have closed so we were pleased to find this one still surviving.
You can eat for $10 and be well satisfied. The device is excellent very friendly and fast.

1  Thank Walter J
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place was recommended to us from the folks at the Hyatt on 48th and Lex. I was surprised by how reasonable the prices were. They have your standard diner breakfast fare. I really enjoyed the greek omelette. There wheat bread toast was absolutely fantastic. They must work with a local bakery. My kids had the Lumberjack which was eggs, pancakes and bacon and they just about devoured it. This is one of the better diners I have ate at in New York and I would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Terps92
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I were staying on E45th between 2nd and 3rd Av, at the Alex Hotel for our honeymoon. We were looking for a diner close by and just our luck The Comfort Diner was across the road. We ate lunch and dinner a few times there and loved the "diner" experience. The service was top notch and the food was excellent ( get the salmon )

1  Thank shawnpeach
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel recommended this diner to us for breakfast. The food was very good and the servers were friendly. Exactly what we were looking for for breakfast: good food, good value, and good service. Will eat here in the future if I'm in the area.

1  Thank AndrewBVA