“My First Madame Tussauds and Mind Blown !”

Madame Tussauds New York
Madame Tussauds New York
Ranked #76 of 1,079 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get your selfie sticks ready! Madame Tussauds in Times Square is the only place with no ropes or barriers holding you back from getting photos with your favorite stars! Voted as one of New York's most unique attractions, Madame Tussauds invites you to pose with over 200 figures of internationally renowned musicians, A-list stars, sports legends, world leaders, super heroes and more. With several newly renovated spaces, the world famous wax attraction is bigger and better than ever!
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My First Madame Tussauds and Mind Blown !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is my second time visiting NYC, but first time hearing of and visiting a Madame Tussauds museum. Originally, my grandparents and I were offered free tickets to visit it my our tour guide. At first, I didn't know better, so I asked for tickets for the Believe it or Not Museum instead. Only later, when our bus made the first stop, did I realize it was a was museum filled with statues of celebrities! The next day, I pleaded with my mom and aunt to let me visit MT, and luckily, it wasn't long before they agreed. Being a huge Timberlake fan, I was temporarily shocked my the JT statued that was stationed out front. To my disappointment (and a little relief!), it was - surprise, surprise - the first wax statue. The tickets in were not cheap, but not too expensive either ($35). But I'm telling you, it is WORTH IT. The place is pretty big, the first hall full of actors like Bruce Willis (he seems to be everywhere these days!), Samuel L. Jackson, Jennifer Aniston, and much more. There were many of these separate theme "halls" (if that had specific names for each, I was not aware), one even dedicated to - I think it was - horror films! Some of those horrifying depictions like Dracula are so realistic that can downright chill you! And until you make that decision to test your wit and get real close-up it, it will! All through the galleries, you find more and more statues of people you most definitely would give to meet in real life. There was even a replica of the oval office in a Leaders of the World hall, but I think you have to pay extra to get a picture with President Obama. Overall though, I'm going to say it's quite a must in Manhattan, and I'm definitely returning on my next visit to NYC!

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A little Disappointed ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have always liked this concept of Wax statues and the New York one has a large collection but i was a little disappointed when i saw the Bollywood celebrities wax statues they looked far from real ... rest all were nice my fav has to be the Julia Roberts and Robert Pattinson ..

Visited April 2013
Chandigarh
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“great job done by experts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We been there and it was different experience.
I like this place and we clicked a lot of pictures with many celebraties under one roof. haha

One time visit is must..

Visited July 2013
Charleston, SC
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

These wax figures are so real, some are downright creepy! We had a great time posing with them & taking photos. If you've never been, you really are missing something both fun & amazing!

Visited December 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Very realistic models”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Some of the models are so realistic that can creep you out! Great photo opportunity with celebrities and historical figures. Not a "must" in NYC though; I only recommend it if you have some spare time.

Visited January 2013