“"too busy for me"”

Madame Tussauds New York
Ranked #222 of 1,173 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get your selfie sticks ready, because New York City's Madame Tussauds in Times Square is the only place with no ropes or barriers holding you back from getting photos with your favorite stars! Voted as one of New York’s most unique attractions, Madame Tussauds invites you to pose “In a moment in time” with your famous fun figures of internationally renowned musicians, A-list stars, sports legends, world leaders and more. With over 85,000 square feet of interactive entertainment and several newly renovated spaces, including our new Ghostbusters VR, Project Runway and Kong: Skull Island experience, the world famous wax attraction is bigger and better than ever! Who is your favorite icon? We want to know who inspires you! Share with us at @NYCWAX and hashtag #FamousFun #NYCWAX
Reviewed June 20, 2013

As our hotel room overlooked the street where Madame tussauds was situated, our son nagged us to take him there.

Son enjoyed the visit but I found if far too crowded.

And as for the Bollywood area, oh my God, wall to wall people. We had to fight our way through just to get to the next display.

Wouldn't visit again.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,131)
All reviews
in 260 reviews
"tickets"
in 284 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Once you've been to London's this is very disspointing but glad we stopped by. Whole visit took us about an hour.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I only went because this was included in the NYC pass. I didn't like the fact that people were getting excited about seeing famous people because they are not real. The staff were rude and were even eating while controlling the lifts. The only cool thing is that you can take pictures in the front on an old NYC cab.
So many other things to do in New York.

1  Thank Traveller-Jes
Madame Tussauds N, Manager at Madame Tussauds New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

We strive to make sure every experience enjoyable, and are sorry to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. Please contact us at onlinefeedback@madametussaudsny.com.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Not worth it. Too much chaos and it doesn''t feel any different than looking at wax figures on internet. Good for photo album though.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We purchased a New York City Pass (definitely worth the money) so I felt as though I didn't really pay to see Madame Tussauds. Thank goodness because I didn't really feel that it would have been worth the $40 to get in.There were a few people saying exactly what I was thinking, which was that I didn't think the mannequins were that life like. The only mannequin that looked true to life was Jeniffer Aniston. Not bad, but not a 'must see'.