Stayed at the One UN Hotel from June 4th thru June 8th. Took a cab from LGA and paid about $45. On the way back with less traffic it was about $38. There are dogs sniffing for bombs when you come in with your luggage. There is police presence in all the adjacent blocks.The hotel is 5 blocks away from Grand Central Station. All the staff was extremely nice and helpful. Stayed in the East tower which is the older one since we booked it on a discount. Got a room in the 33rd floor with a view that included the Freedom Tower, Empire State Building and the Chrysler building. Room was nice size and comfortable. A couple that was staying with us got a room with a queen bed when they requested a king bed. We called downstairs and they were immediately moved to a corner room which also had a gorgeous view of the city on both sides. When we needed suggestions for restaurants they gave us several options for both dinner and breakfast. There is a cafe in the corner with a good breakfast. Hotel buffet is expensive. They have a bar and we got to watch the hockey game and basketball game there. Room service was good and fast. Cant say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff was. They would ask us the next day about our outings the day before remembering our itinerary. Check out at 5:00 am was a breeze thanks to Justin. Cleanliness of our room could have been better. Found hair pins on the floor which meant the carpet hadn't been vacuumed and our comforter had a stain. On the other hand towels were very clean. The room does not have a mini fridge and they do not provide water. There is a little shop on the same block that sells sodas, water and snacks. The gym is big. Has free weights in addition to weight machines and treadmills and elliptical machines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ONE UN New York brings the world together with spectacular NYC accommodations and panoramic views. Boasting a 70-million-dollar transformation, the hotel combines a modern aesthetic with form, function and attention to detail across all 439 guestrooms and suites. Set across from the United Nations Headquarters adjacent to the East River, the hotel's Midtown East location is simply ideal. Nearby, Manhattan icons such as the Empire State building, Grand Central Terminal, the theater district and splendid shopping invite travelers from around the world to explore the city that never sleeps. Stay at ONE UN New York, where the world comes together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your ONE UN New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Millennium Un Plaza
- Millennium Un Plaza Hotel
- Millenium Un Plaza Hotel
- Millenium Hotel