“A "Must do" for anyone visiting NYC”

Manhattan Walking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: 8 people or less Guaranteed! Our tours are like having a friend in NYC showing you around like only a local knows how. Let us create the perfect day for you in and around the City's most interesting neighborhoods and landmarks: Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Hell's Kitchen, The Highline, Central Park, Grand Central Station and more, sampling the best foods the City has to offer in the process. This is nothing like a bus tour; it's a personal experience where the history is part of the tour, but the behind-the-scenes stories are part of us. Check out our website and Facebook page for specials and discounts!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 28, 2016

We visited NYC 10 days before Christmas.
We were keen to try and get a more informed experience of the city and so decided that walking tours were probably the best way to do this.
After researching online, we chose MWT and booked 3 tours....one was a double back 2 back tour and the other was a single tour.
We were fortunate on both tours as we had our guide Alex just for the two of us.
Alex was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating on both tours and we were very glad to have chosen MWT .
If you are happy to walk (at a relaxed pace) for an hour or two, we highly recommend both MWT and of course Alex.
The experience really allows you to dig beneath the standard tourist veneer of the city.
Thanks Alex and MWT.

Date of experience: December 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)
All reviews
"food tasting"
in 13 reviews
"best pizza"
in 20 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 14 reviews
in 17 reviews
"times square"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed December 15, 2016

We took the Highline Walking Tour. Our guide, Jenn, was wonderful. She knew her stuff and gave us interesting bits of information throughout the tour. More importantly, she was engaging and fun. We enjoyed talking to her, asking her questions and just interacting with her. It felt like a friend was showing us around her city. The tour also included a visit to a few eating places. I must say they picked only the best. The food was amazing. We were stuffed and satisfied. I would not have found these places on my own. Now I know. For my money, I would say go with this tour. If you are extra lucky, you will get Jenn as your guide.

1  Thank RissieD
Reviewed December 9, 2016

Wow. I don't even know where to start. BEST tour of my life. We were blessed enough to have Garry as our guide. What a brilliant guy! So incredibly knowledgeable, and hilarious! I learned way more than I expected to, and ate MORE food than I was ready for. It was so delicious, I had seconds every time. He took us on a tour through Hel'ls Kitchen and he knocked it out of the park! We then took a long stroll through Central Park to work off all of the calories we devoured. Oh, goodness. It was great! I remember us going over our allotted time, but he still had some things to show us, so went over just a little bit for us. We felt super special! I made sure to get a photo with all of us to help keep the memory of our tour alive. I can't say enough good things about Garry and his wonderful crew/company. I will DEFINITELY be booking many more of these in the near future. He opened my eyes up to the beauty of New York's history! I COULD GO ON FOREVER. But if you are wanting to book a tour for you and your friends and family, CHOOSE THIS ONE. They will not let you down. And if you're crazy like us, you'll really have a good time! THANKS AGAIN GARRY! I'll buy you that bench one day! :)

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Jessie B
Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

This tour is SO worth the money (and we are frugal). If you want a smooth, informative, fun way to see any part of the city... here you go! Nancy is full of intriguing facts and fun tips... she's also a choreographer and dancer, so she's got the inside scoop!!

We never felt rushed but she kept us on a good schedule, answered every question and let us hang out together....and at the last stop for as long as we desired.

The food was the tops and we spent the rest of our time in NYC comparing our meals to the tour foods... and they always came up short! This tour company has definitely done their homework.

My tour began on the phone with Gary! What a hoot he is... and he didn't disappoint.

2  Thank beaboeddie