“Walking food tour with Gary”

Manhattan Walking Tour
Hell's Kitchen Food Tour and Central Park Stroll
$89.00*
Hell's Kitchen Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out our website for specials and discounts. 8 people or less Guaranteed! Our tours are like having a friend in NYC showing you around their neighborhood. You call, we listen, and then suggest the perfect day for you in the most interesting neighborhoods: Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Times Square and many more, sampling the best foods the City has to offer. This is nothing like a bus tour; it's a personal experience where the history is part of the tour, but the behind-the-scenes stories are part of us.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Today was a great experience!! Myself & 2 sons (13 & 16) went out with Gary on the International Food Walking Tour. Really didn't know what to expect. We were in the city as NJ refugees escaping the storm of Sandy.

We started off with Mediterrean food sampling and moved on to Cajun, Druze, Japanese, Latin, Chinese, pizza and an amazing donut ice cream dessert. All along the way learning NYC trivia on sights and interesting buildings.

Would definiity recommend this company for a memorable NYC experience.

5  Thank geezeRidgewood

Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was a cloudy day with a chance of rain but the rain held off. Nancy took my wife and I on a very pleasant tour of a few of the many eateries located in the Hells Kitchen section of Manhattan. We made stops at six different places and sampled some very good food. The tour was very relaxed and Nancy added some great stories about the history of Hells Kitchen. Since we are quite adventurous in our eating there was nothing that we haven't eaten before. That was a little disapointing. All in all it was a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours in the city and getting to know one of it's many sections.

2  Thank ChefHarvey
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was recently in NY for a business trip and had one day to explore the city by myself. I bought a groupon for the Times Square tour and added the Greenwich Village food tour. Worked with Garry to reserve my spot via email and was guided around the town by Nancy. She did such a great job of providing interesting facts, and tried to please everyone's tastes and preferences in her food selections. We took the subway to the village and Nancy explained which lines to use for the rest of my day's plans. I would definitely recommend these walking tours as a perfect way to see New York...great exercise too!

5  Thank Katie R
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Not only a beautiful day in NYC, but the walking tour of Hell's Kitchen and Central Park made it a PERFECT day! I have done other tours in NYC, but none compare to Gary's walking tour. We were lucky enough to have the "one and only Gary." He is the ULTIMATE guide. His knowledge of the City is amazing! He shares his information in a most friendly and humorous way. He is a great guy that LOVES New York and has you LOVING it by the end of the tour. We ate our way through He'll's Kitchen sampling some of the most DELICIOUS food from various ethnic restaurants while learning the history of this great area. It was enough food to last you an entire day!!!!! The tour of Central Park was a real "eye opener." I never realized how big and beautiful this area was. All in all, Gary's walking tour should be a MUST on your bucket list. You won't be disappointed!!! I can't wait to schedule my next tour!! Gary's one request is that if his guests should win the lottery, he doesn't want a car or a house, he wants a specific bench in Central Park with a plaque that reads: Gary's bench. Trust me, after spending time with Gary, you will want to run to the closest newsstand and purchase that lottery ticket!!!!!! Gary's always grinning but if you want to see a HUGE smile, wear a Yankee tee shirt! Enjoy!!!!

5  Thank Sue G
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Being our first time to New York city, we did not know what to expect. But from the first moment we meet Garry, it became a unique experience. The man is very knowledgeable, personable, and makes you feel like he's part of the family. We stopped at several eateries, that we never could have imagined going to on our own. It was a great food experience, I thought we were going to get bites, but we had large portions of the best food!! Oh yeah,this was just the Hells Kitchen tour. Then the tour went into the Central Park tour,all I can say, is this man loves his city, and shared his experience with us!!

5  Thank tslovo