“A Cuban/Mexican 50's Luncheonette right here on 14th Street.”
Review of Coppelia

Coppelia
Ranked #194 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Coppelia is a 24 hour luncheonette located in West Village that serves Cuban and Latin comfort food. It is owned by celebrity Chef Julian Medina.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I've eaten here many times with the family for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My most recent visit was for breakfast. Coffee is excellent and will wake you up! I had the Huevos Rancheros (eggs on a tortilla on a bed of rice and beans.) Very filling, held me all day. Hubby had the omlette and my daughter had an egg and biscuit sandwich. Past visits for dinner I've enjoyed the rope vieja and arroz con pollo. Alcoholic drinks are good and strong. Margaritas son muy bueno! Service can be slow. But as I've always told my kids- good food is not fast food!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Always enjoy going to Coppelia, a 24-7 diner that serves modern Latin food and Latin twists on diner classics. The food is good, the atmosphere is fun, and the price is right. My faves are the Macaroni & Chicharron, Huevos Coppelia, and the Oxtail Empanada. Good selection of booze, too, especially a just-fruity-enough Sangria Blanca. Wish they delivered to my neighborhood !

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Arriving late because of a badly delayed flight is never fun, but I'm glad I found this. Seated at the bar I had a lovely meal, and I quickly forgot about the delay. Delicious home made guacamole, tasty beef, and a nice glass of wine was served by the attentive staff. And medium-rare was medium-rare which is often hit and miss in similarly priced places in NYC. Recommended!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Fabulous, filling Cuban/Mexican food at all hours. The Chelsea Pines Inn recommends their guests dine at Coppelia, and with good reason. We had multiple 3am meals here over the course of the week, and always left with a full stomach and a happy heart. Croquettas, empanadas, tacos, mac and chicharron as delicious as each other. If only they had restaurants like this in Australia!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Another winner of Tripadvisor awards that deserves the honor. I only enjoyed a pair of starters as a dinner, but they were excellent. The Mac and chicharron. This is solidly comfort food, with a twist. Very, very filling. The fish tacos. Though breaded, they were much lighter and fresher in comparison. Also delicious. Didn't like the mojito-of-the-day so much. Too many loose mint leaves getting in one's mouth and a bit too sweet for me. Otherwise a very nice, casual dinner in the Big City.